The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is your criteria for going ahead with a niche?

Seamaster

affiliate
When looking for a keyword domain niche what is your personal criteria for deciding to for it?

When I started out in Jan/Feb this year I took anything I could get a domain for but now I am a bit more selective and my main criteria is the items must cost more than ?50 so I get a couple of quid per sale and that the main keyword gets over 10,000 searches per month.

What do you use do choose?

The other criteria is how much competition there is. I don't really have time to do much affiliate marketing but I research niches - just for the fun of it mainly. Google keyword then keywords in quotes then google allintitle:"key phrase in quotes". If there were 3 niches you were considering then compare how many searches vs how many competing pages to pick the niche with the most searches vs lowest competition.

Here a couple posts about how I do KW research.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...-how-do-niche-keyword-research.html#post43897

Well I bought a website address for another idea for waaaay too much money and decided I couldn't waste that cash so I decided THAT would be one of my niches... Great strategy huh?

What do you do with the niches you come up with for fun?

I don't have time to do anything with them, I just research for fun. If I see something interesting I just check out the numbers. Kinda like a hobby I guess.

How to access the numbers... I don't know a magic number to tell you to go for a niche with less than X competition - because that number depends on lots of things. How you are going to market and how good you are at it for instance.
A newbie doing SEO may have a hard time competing with 5,000 allintitle whereas a SEO pro could easily compete with 50,000. The main thing is if you are comparing niches, less competition obviously makes it easier.

while I do most of the keyword research with a browser and Google myself, lately I started using Market Samurai to track SERPs. thinking back, if you can afford it, it turns out to be pretty good at identifying the competition and their strengths and weaknesses.
it's amazing how vulnerable large authority sites are to concentrated attacks on certain high conversion keywords.

banners
Back