The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What is your best Adsense tip?

Vahid

affiliate
Hi,

I am always asked "what is your best Adsense tip?". Here is my five best and most important Adsense tips:

- Less internal and external links on the page
- Having the ads with the same background color as the page background
- Having ad links color blue (the default color of hyperlinks in html)
- Having one leaderboard 728 x 90 text ad at the top and one at the bottom of the page
- Having one 300x250 text ad at the middle of the page somewhere among texts
- Well optimized pages with a good title, description, h1 headline and ... .

Can you add more tips?

Vahid said:
Have I ignored anything about the guidelines? :confused:

no.

Most of them time i have seen webmasters, in their quest for adsense $$$, break the guidelines and not bother to keep upto date with them.

;)

praveen said:
no.

Most of them time i have seen webmasters, in their quest for adsense $$$, break the guidelines and not bother to keep upto date with them.

;)

I don't like to do that.

Yes, talking about Adsense has direct relation to $$$ but I don't see anything wrong with this.

We have websites and promote them for money and these forums are good to help each other to learn more and so earn more.

There is nothing wrong with making money through legitimate ways.

adsense

generally you want the people that click adsense to leave your page. put it in the golden triangle , its the top left of the article, if you can I'd put it as top and as left as possible. Studies show that the golden triangle is approximately 300 pixels across the top of the screen and 300 pixels down the left. if you can put it in there then you'll get the best CTR.

tschirmer said:
generally you want the people that click adsense to leave your page. put it in the golden triangle , its the top left of the article, if you can I'd put it as top and as left as possible. Studies show that the golden triangle is approximately 300 pixels across the top of the screen and 300 pixels down the left. if you can put it in there then you'll get the best CTR.

If your website format let you do that, it works perfect.

Less add blocks on a page means bigger payout per click as only the highest paying advertisers will be listed.

Less add blocks on a page means bigger payout per click as only the highest paying advertisers will be listed.
You know what that makes complete $ense. With the decline of Adsense revenue though it becomes even more of a numbers game. I have a few sites targeting the same niche. I'm going to test that out.

You know what that makes complete $ense. With the decline of Adsense revenue though it becomes even more of a numbers game. I have a few sites targeting the same niche. I'm going to test that out.

Works well for me. I tend to get clicks that are upwards of $1 - $2 and the majority of my pages have one ad block, usually a large or medium rectangle and above the fold.

I think, that a horizontal link unit at th etop of your page is the best. It looks like a menu bar, so people are clicking on it. And the less ads you display, the highes payuths you will get.

The thing that I've found with the link units is that they seem to generate fairly low payouts. If they are used, I would make sure you have at least one other block on the page.

Interesting. I have a link unit block above the navigation on my left sidebar and use a 300 block on the index page. They both convert at almost the exact CTR and earn just as much. By reducing the ad unit blocks on the main directory portion of my site I noticed a SUBSTANTIAL increase in earnings with the same CTR I had before. Thanks a lot.

I desperately need to have someone completely overhaul the directory, article directory and blog for better design and ad placement positioning. Last quote I got though was $4900 and I think I can do better than that for primarily a CSS file and HTML cleanup!

One more question for all of you. How many websites would you recommend putting the same Adsense code on? Is over a 100 websites too many. Is it true that if a portion of your sites do not perform well you can get " Google smart priced", thereby reducing the revenue generated from all of your websites under that account?

Enough of the surface Adsense jive, let's roll up our sleeves and get down and dirty in here =)

"One more question for all of you. How many websites would you recommend putting the same Adsense code on? Is over a 100 websites too many."

I consider the more the merrier! It's just that much more revenue for the tax man to take. =]

"Is it true that if a portion of your sites do not perform well you can get " Google smart priced", thereby reducing the revenue generated from all of your websites under that account?"

That's what I've heard. I've never experienced it myself, but I have heard that from various resources.

Much of Adsense is such a crap shoot. Twelve of one or a half dozen of the other. Tomatoe or To-maut-o. You do your best to blend, figure out the best sizes, put the blocks in the best places, figure out what MFA web sites and low paying advertisers are giving you no love and sticking them in your Competitive Ad Filter, blah blah blah. You then wait and change what you believe isn't working and shift things around a bit. All the while, you have your fingers crossed and hope for a good Adsense payday.

The best thing I know to do is continue to add more quality content. More content driving targeted additional traffic just means more places to place the Adsense on and a higher payout day. =]

BTW, Stephen, I think your site looks really nice.

MI
Back