The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is the best wordpress theme/style?

P

positivecarry

What I am attempting to ask here is what is the best wordpress theme/format(I am guessing this is what you call them) for building a quality blog. What I am looking for is the one that can easily accepts plug ins , Ebay affiliate program , and has the best setup. Or are all of the themes pretty much the same in this regard. Any response appreciated, Thanks.

Any theme can accept plugins.
you'll probably want a theme that is widget ready which means you can drag and drop the sidebars.

longroad is right. Additionally you need a theme that compliments your topic and sets the right mood.

Some themes are better for SEO and some are better layouts if you want certain types or sizes of ads. So there are variables to look at.

All these are pretty good I think.
<a href="http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/02/09/83-beautiful-wordpress-themes-you-probably-havent-seen/">83 Beautiful Wordpress Themes You (Probably) Haven’t Seen | Smashing Magazine</a>

I've always loved "I Feel Dirty" #21 on the list above.
I feel dirty 1.0 | Theme Viewer
Click test run to see it full screen and live.
I just like it even though a lot of topics it just would not work for.

Thanks for the responses.

Longroad,
Can you actually lift the sidebars with the mouse?

Linda I checked out those 83 and there are some good ones. I liked the Dirty, it had nice organization, and some others I liked as well. Some that I thought could be good for beginners were
1.Redoable
78.Seo Adsense Wordpress Theme
82.Frequency
83.vertigo enhanced

Thanks again.

longroad is right. Additionally you need a theme that compliments your topic and sets the right mood.

Some themes are better for SEO and some are better layouts if you want certain types or sizes of ads. So there are variables to look at.

All these are pretty good I think.
<a href="http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/02/09/83-beautiful-wordpress-themes-you-probably-havent-seen/">83 Beautiful Wordpress Themes You (Probably) Haven?t Seen | Smashing Magazine</a>

I've always loved "I Feel Dirty" #21 on the list above.
I feel dirty 1.0 | Theme Viewer
Click test run to see it full screen and live.
I just like it even though a lot of topics it just would not work for.

Wow! I love you, I just found what i was looking for the whole time! I finally have some nice wordpress themes for my blogs :)

What you really need is a theme that is easily manipulated to make it look and feel the way you want it to. I've tried many themes and I've found the best one for affiliate marketing, or indeed any blog, is the FlexSqueeze theme.

I use this theme on all my blogs. I've actually written a post that shows you some of what it can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are alot of themes available out there but if your going to be building alot of wordpress sites .. it maybe an idea to look at headway themes or itheme builder.
They both make it a breeze to make your own templates and are easy to use

Look at the Clearline theme - that has a lot of options to customize if you want to try different colors, etc.

What I am attempting to ask here is what is the best wordpress theme/format(I am guessing this is what you call them) for building a quality blog. What I am looking for is the one that can easily accepts plug ins , Ebay affiliate program , and has the best setup. Or are all of the themes pretty much the same in this regard. Any response appreciated, Thanks.

This depends on the kind of services you intend to offer. The search engine is a great place to find to find tons of free themes or you can get a paid theme which are called premium themes.

MI
Back