The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What Is The Best Affiliate Program?

micheal185

I was wondering what affiliate program would be good for me to start with since I'm a newbie. I have seen a lot of affiliate programs but i don't know which one i should use. If anyone could share some insight about choosing an affiliate program it would really help me. I was also wondering if it's a good idea to join multiple affiliate programs at the same time or would it be better to just stick with one? Any answers would be much appreciated.

I honestly would stick to just one affiliate program at the moment if you are new. Of course when you get the hang of how to advertise good and you are doing good with one program you can start on the next;) Good luck!

you are only marketing one affiliate product, you are limiting yourself. Pick a few. They could all be within the same niche.

Think about what people need and want. The trick is finding a niche that has a definite need but also isn't oversaturated with other affiliate marketers. Weight loss, for example, is a very popular niche, but you would also have a lot of competition. Try doing google searches on keywords and see how many websites are in the google results. That is how you can evaluate if the niche is too saturated.

I always recommend Clickbank for new affiliates, there are many products which you can very easily promote and make good money off them.

A personal advice is to stick with one affiliate program at first and engage other affiliate program when you are familiar with the business.

Compliment to you of having a blog but the latest post was dated on 3/24/2008. It has been 2 months since your last post. Hopefully you are going to update it soon.

And do check your post after you publish it. The alignment of your last post was off and there is no spacing in the 3 posts. It might be hard for your readers to read.

Hope that helps. :D

I agree with much of the advice above about finding a good niche but in my opinion, people don't talk enough about making a useful, fresh, unique site that people want to visit. New Webmasters often focus so much on "what program will make the most money?" or "what affiliate program is best?" Best is definitely relative. Often times people overlook the importance of taking the time to brainstorm and really positioning yourself to succeed.

I agree weight loss is saturated but I created a niche weight loss site a few years ago and it's up to 6,000 visits per day. And rather than just putting up generic weight loss tips that can be found everywhere, I took the time to add my own personal spin to the topic and found a sub niche that is less explored.

And I think once you have a useful site, start getting traffic you'll begin to see what programs work best on your site. The great thing about affiliate marketing is if you have the traffic, monetization is often the easiest part. But don't spend too much time looking for programs until you have the content and traffic. Focus on what you love to write about and the money will follow.

Wow, 6000 hits a day!

How you do that lisa? My traffic is usually 1300-1600 per day. The best day was only 1773 visits. :(

Can you show me how? I am currently using traditional methods like articles, blogs, press releases, ad, no PPC because it burnt me so very badly and only some SEO as I am still getting the hang of it.

Thank you.

Most of my traffic to the site I'm referring to is from the search engines (it's not the sites in my sig file) and as you probably know all you can do with that is optimize your pages, promote your site and hope for as many backlinks. I honestly don't do much with this site as it's my secondary site I used to test out Site Build It! to see if it really works. I did pay for a Yahoo Directory listing, submitted to a few paid directories a couple of years ago, but that's about it.

I have developed some good one-way backlinks from other sites who admire it so that definitely helps a lot. As you know, backlinks are everything these days with SEO.

I'm not proud of the fact that most of the traffic is from SEO and I'm working to change that. Yes, it's good, but if Google dropped me this site would be in trouble. Fortunately though I have backup sites that have much more diversified traffic sources.

I have developed some good one-way backlinks from other sites who admire it so that definitely helps a lot.

Thanks Lisa,

Are you referring to link exchange or things like that? I never try that before. Any advise if the current page I want to develop is only a landing page?

After your comment about Google might drop your page, is it wise I continue to learn about SEO?

Thank you.

Hey Chris,

Welcome to 5 Star.

BTW, I'm the person that referred Sam Harrelson to you for a job.
Glad it worked out and you hired him. :)

Thanks Lisa,

Are you referring to link exchange or things like that? I never try that before. Any advise if the current page I want to develop is only a landing page?

After your comment about Google might drop your page, is it wise I continue to learn about SEO?

Thank you.

No, by one-way links I mean people voluntarily link to my site because they found it useful. When Google sees other sites linking to you without a link in return, they see that as a much more high-quality link. Traditional link exchanges (where someone places a link on their site and vice versa) aren't as useful anymore.

No you should not stop learning about SEO but you should also look for other ways to generate traffic. Experiment with social networking sites, read up on ppc (pay per click) and see if that's something you want to try, comment on blogs related to your subject matter, etc.

MI
Back