The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is PBX?

sunio3

affiliate
Hi all,
I newly joined this community and I have some basic questions that I would like to ask. What is PBX? And how does it work in small business office. I know little bit but I want collect more information on that. So you please drop me your answers.
Thanks!

try to google it. ;)

A Private Branch eXchange (PBX) is a telephone exchange that serves a particular business or office, as opposed to one that a common carrier or telephone company operates for many businesses or for the general public.

Hi, being a new member your question is absolutely right and it’s also essential to know about it. A PBX (Private Branch Exchange) is a small telephone switch owned by a company or organization. These organizations purchase PBX's to reduce the total number of telephone lines they need to lease from the telephone company. Without a PBX, a company will need to lease one telephone line for every employee with a telephone.
With a PBX system, the company only needs to lease as many lines from the telephone company as the maximum number of employees that will be making outside calls at one time. This is usually around 10% of the number of extensions.
In a PBX system, every telephone is wired to the PBX. When an employee takes the receiver off hook (i.e. picks up the telephone) and dials the outside access code (usually 9), the PBX connects the employee to an outside line (often, though somewhat incorrectly, referred to as a trunk). Hope you will agree with my answer.
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Packet8 Virtual Office is a hosted iPBX communications solution that delivers high quality digital voice services coupled with powerful features for small businesses and call centers alike.

MI
Back