The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is Google Core search July 2021 update?

With Google SEO you are the free food
1627048999868.png

Anyway, try a search at Google webmaster or some of the large SEO websites

Loads of site rankings have been effected, as is usual. I was reading earlier this month on Search Engine Land about this two part roll out of the core update. Here are the questions one should be asking themselves and building their own answers around for subduing any effects your site(s) may have experienced.

This excerpt is from SearchEngineLand:

Expertise questions.
  • Does the content present information in a way that makes you want to trust it, such as clear sourcing, evidence of the expertise involved, background about the author or the site that publishes it, such as through links to an author page or a site’s About page?
  • If you researched the site producing the content, would you come away with an impression that it is well-trusted or widely-recognized as an authority on its topic?
  • Is this content written by an expert or enthusiast who demonstrably knows the topic well?
  • Is the content free from easily-verified factual errors?
  • Would you feel comfortable trusting this content for issues relating to your money or your life?
Presentation and production questions.
  • Is the content free from spelling or stylistic issues?
  • Was the content produced well, or does it appear sloppy or hastily produced?
  • Is the content mass-produced by or outsourced to a large number of creators, or spread across a large network of sites, so that individual pages or sites don’t get as much attention or care?
  • Does the content have an excessive amount of ads that distract from or interfere with the main content?
  • Does content display well for mobile devices when viewed on them?
Comparative questions.
  • Does the content provide substantial value when compared to other pages in search results?
  • Does the content seem to be serving the genuine interests of visitors to the site or does it seem to exist solely by someone attempting to guess what might rank well in search engines?
They go on to remind all of us to pay attention to the search quality raters guidelines and to abide by their EAT (Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness) structure.

_________________________________________________________________​

Most of you know that I have long been a content marketer and while most of my business has been more as an affiliate, I do have a small portion of my business in the Publishers arena promoting offers from some of the networks. I discovered long ago that for the publishing side of my business using many of content marketing skills I have developed over the past two decades has been exceptionally effective for me in PPC on CPA/CPL. Most of you here are more into publishing as promoters of network offers. The questions above from SEL & Google can help Publishers immensely when developing campaigns. Simple adapt as much of what you see there as one can for the publishing side of your business.

This part should jump out to you. Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness. This is what you use to temp[late your campaigns! This is what the user MUST come away with in order to give you the clicks and conversions you want.

Last edited:
Google says about this update,

The July 2021 Update is a classic “broad core update” – a global update not specific to any region, language, or website category. Not you specifically! The goal behind updates like these is that Google gets better at assessing content and determining what pages serve the best answers to searchers' queries.

The July 2021 Update is a classic “broad core update” – a global update not specific to any region, language, or website category. Not you specifically! The goal behind updates like these is that Google gets better at assessing content and determining what pages serve the best answers to searchers' queries.

Hi...What is Google Core search July 2021 update? Is it affect website ranking?
Took one of my blogs down by around 50% of organic traffic. Took around 200 hits per day from another one but I think this one will recover. From what I can tell, the pushed catch all style infomational articles like FAQ posts down in the SERP and pushed shorter, dedicated articles up. They also seem to have pushed the YouTube widget into other niches too for buyer intent and infomational intent keywords.

Google recently announced the rollout of yet another core update to their algorithm from July 1, 2021. The update, which will take around 1-2 weeks to complete, is the second round of a two-part process that began last month, with the June Core update.

Took one of my blogs down by around 50% of organic traffic. Took around 200 hits per day from another one but I think this one will recover. From what I can tell, the pushed catch all style infomational articles like FAQ posts down in the SERP and pushed shorter, dedicated articles up. They also seem to have pushed the YouTube widget into other niches too for buyer intent and infomational intent keywords.

Yes, this is what I am hearing from all of my friends and many members here. My content sites took small hits, not real significant. However, some here have reported huge hits as the G pushes more and more for content validation and content quality.

Google recently announced the rollout of yet another core update

This is an ongoing process now. There really isn't any specific dates except with the occasional big roll out every couple of years that gets announced in some way. They are rolling out smaller and ongoing updates almost daily, and always weekly and monthly with no end in sight.

I have watched these discussions on many boards for decades. First about SE's that were around back in the late nineties.

WebCrawler - WebCrawler started life in January 1994
Lycos
AltaVista
Excite
Yahoo
Dogpile
Ask Jeeves
JumpStation

All of them, everyone of them at some point, started working on the consumers behalf to limit exposure to lame advertising practices and to boost results based on the quality of content. Now, the algos go well beyond just the quality of the content though. Frequency of updates, frequency of visits of returning viewers, bounce rates, number of pages, word count, media type, media location, presence of TOS, GDPR, Privacy and other disclosures, etc., etc., etc.

It will not stop, you cannot successfully fight it anymore, the thing to keep in mind is to "Go Big or Go Home" when it comes to content and all of the other requirements for achievement with your sites. I know everyone wants a different answer, but I have watched the games we all play for 25 years with this stuff. I used to play the games with cloaks and redirects, etc. No one really ever beats them and most eventually join them. I was one of them. I make certain my sites are inclusive of everything the SE's want and in return I suffer very little or not at all. My sites get awesome traffic both paid and organic.

The discussions about SE's should never end. We all need to help one another make the most of them in every way!

MI
Back