The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is EPC?

Better explanation

EPC is the ultimate test to tell which of the affiliate merchants you’re promoting is performing the best.

It can also show you the duds.

Is an affiliate program that pays $100 commission better than a program that pays $5 commission? Maybe. Maybe not.

You can find out by calculating the EPC.

To calculate the EPC, you simply divide the commission generated by the number of clicks.

For example, if you receive a commission of $20 after sending 100 clicks (visitors) to the merchant…

Divide $20 by 100 = 0.20.

Your EPC is 20 cents per click.
more info can be found here
associateprograms.com/articles/epc-explained.html

Here is a great calculator you may use free. EPC Calculator | AdCalc.net - Free Internet Marketing Calculators

Thanks Java. This has helped me.

I want to take it a step further. (But most likely a real newbie question).

Let's say the Network also provides a Conversion Rate along with the EPC. For example the following details are provided by a Network for an iPhone 6 US promo - The offer converts at 4.99%, the EPC is 0.111, and payout is $2.12.

Is it right to say that for every 100 clicks, I may convert 4.99 of iPhone 6 offer?

Secondly, is it right to say that if I convert 4.99, then my revenue may be (4.99 x $2.12) $10.57 per 100 clicks?

If I take this further, should EPC be equal to Revenue? ie. EPC = (.111 x 100 clicks) $11.10 and REVENUE = (4.99 x $2.12) $10.57? (In this example you can see there is a difference of $0.53.)

Sorry, this has been bugging me. :)

Thanks Java. This has helped me.

I want to take it a step further. (But most likely a real newbie question).

Let's say the Network also provides a Conversion Rate along with the EPC. For example the following details are provided by a Network for an iPhone 6 US promo - The offer converts at 4.99%, the EPC is 0.111, and payout is $2.12.

Is it right to say that for every 100 clicks, I may convert 4.99 of iPhone 6 offer?

Secondly, is it right to say that if I convert 4.99, then my revenue may be (4.99 x $2.12) $10.57 per 100 clicks?

If I take this further, should EPC be equal to Revenue? ie. EPC = (.111 x 100 clicks) $11.10 and REVENUE = (4.99 x $2.12) $10.57? (In this example you can see there is a difference of $0.53.)

Sorry, this has been bugging me. :)
Thank you both. So, I am seeing in some of the pay per call things like: payout= $12.50 and the EPC =$1,149. Would this mean that out of 100 calls, the earning should be $1,149, or that just under 96 of the calls met the payout requirement?

MI
Back