The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What happen with SEO?

senza

affiliate
Hi guys, i read in other forums that google updates just shut down a lot of pages ranked #1 to second or third page in google, even they dissapear from G.

Is still SEO a good choice? I had in mind start with SEO when I earn enough money from YT to pay the hosting and the domain... but i don't know

Regards,
senza.

They are starting to punish all these over optimised sites - which i personally think is a great thing!

Basically gone of the days of link farming, etc and setting up a shit site with shity content but getting 1000 back links and ranking #1

basically if your original and honest you'll be fine - its a good thing!

yeah, but it seems like there are still some powerful seo pyramid linking (3 tier) which still works even after the penguin update...like K mentioned, honestly contribute genuine content and you'll be fine:) and be warned, DO NOT ever buy from cheap seo services as their footprint are already too huge and most likely penalised. Many seo services are still providing their services despite the update and trust me, you won't want to get them...they'll do more damage than harm in general...but of course there are a few exceptional ones that are still working as they are more exclusive (and also more expensive) as they keep their footprint on a much smaller scale and their link network private. i've tried 1 which cost about $200 per month which even boosted my ranking despite the update. Initially my site dropped from page 1 rank 3 to page 5 but after using their service, it went back to page 2 rank 5 and still going up:) I would recommend you to stay away until things settle down perhaps in a month or two.

PS:i'm not promoting any seo service or whatsoever but just stating my experience as i lost many sites from the recent update as well.

Hi guys, i read in other forums that google updates just shut down a lot of pages ranked #1 to second or third page in google, even they dissapear from G.

Is still SEO a good choice? I had in mind start with SEO when I earn enough money from YT to pay the hosting and the domain... but i don't know

Regards,
senza.
It is true that a lot of sites go down from #1 to page 2 or 3 and it is common with every google update.

At the same time, have you noticed the logic? An equal number of sites move up to the top! Why?

1) Analyze those sites which have improved the rankings,
2) Study how they are writing content?
3) Analyze their site structure - Is it a loose 3 page site or an informative one?
4) Trace out where they are linking
5) How they are positioning in twitter, facebook, google+ ?
6) What are their monetization methods? Are they placing banners on the top fold? Or sidebar? Optin? Adsense?

If you do this, you'll know the secret recipe to SEO.

MI
Back