The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What happen if you are dropped by the Search Engine?

DamienOh

affiliate
This is indeed a very frustrating thing that can happen to all websites. Just imagine, you are enjoying a no. 1 ranking in Google one day and the next day you wake up, your site has vanish from the entire search engine, despite the long hours you have put in to optimize your site. This can be a gut-wrenching experience, especially if the search engine accounts for the majority of the traffic.

Here is some of the reasons why you are dropped:

1. Search engines reshuffle their database every now and then to get rid of the inactive sites and poor quality sites. You site happen to be one of them.

2. The search engines changed its algorithm and placed more priority on a certain factor over the other. Your site happen to be affected.

3. Your site has broken the search engine rules and is banned by them.

4. The backlinks to your site are no longer working or have devalued.

Some of the ways you can do to savage the situation

Create more quality content

The major search engines (especially Google) are working very hard to become an effective search tool for the public. As such, they are very particular about the content and quality of a site. If you think that you can get by with just a few keyword stuff paragraphs, then you are in for a whacking by the Search Engine. The time has changed. If you have a good site, it can only get you by. To thrive in the search engine, you need to have quality site.

If you own a mediocre site, you need to build quality content to save your business.

If you own an above average site, then you need to build more quality content to claim an edge over your competitors.

If you already own a quality site, then build even more quality content to reaffirm your presence.

Whatever it is, the key to success is to build more and more quality content on your site.

Re-examine your site for any possible violations of the Search Engine guidelines

Possible violation include an improper 301 redirect, no error 404 page, dead links, hidden texts, cloaking, link farm and etc. If you have make changes to your site recently, go through the changes again and make sure you have not done anything to cause the drop in ranking.

If you are not sure what is the search engine guideline, here is a link to Google support:
Webmaster Help Center - Webmaster Guidelines

Build more incoming links and know who you are linking to

A part of Google search engine algorithm includes measuring the number of quality in-pointing links to your site. An in-pointing link from a related quality site is considered as a vote for your site. The more vote you have, the higher your search ranking will be.

A good way to build incoming links is to exchange links with sites related to your niche.

When exchanging links, be careful who you are linking to. Only exchange link with sites that have quality content related to your niches and can add values to your site. Don’t exchange link with a link farm as that is the fastest way to get your site ban from the search engine.

Diversify your traffic source

Do not rely on the Search Engine alone for your traffic. Diversify your traffic sources. Some of the good traffic building strategies are articles writing, press release, pay-per-click, participate in forums and discussion groups, email marketing and affiliate marketing and etc.

The trick to success in the Internet and search engine is to build a site that everyone can’t resist to link to. A combination of quality content building and traffic generation is required to achieve this. The search engines crave for quality sites. If you can give them what they want, they will give you what you want.

Hope this is helpful.

Damien

Thanks for the nice long article Damien.

There's another NEW reason people are being dropped that has recently come to light. Well it's been going on for awhile but people are just starting to talk about it.

I've been involved a little in the blog that's exposing the problem. You guys need to take the "proxie test" like I did and find out if you could be affected. It's pretty scary.

Google Proxy Hacking: How A Third Party Can Remove Your Site From Google SERPs

Linda,

I never know this kind of hack exist, and knowing it, I found it rather scary. For those who are working very hard to build their site, yet not technically inclined people, this is the worst thing that can happen to them.

Hope Google can do something about it FAST!

Damien

Most of what was stated was true. there is only one thing that does not have any fact behind it. Here is the quote: "If you think that you can get by with just a few keyword stuff paragraphs, then you are in for a whacking by the Search Engine."

Now, stuffing is bad, but sites will rank with limited content. bizrate.com , shopzilla and other major online retailers only have a title, a small description and a few images, yet they rank for hundreds of thousands of keywords. and they do not drop.

Content is nowhere close to king without links. Links are the # 1 factor for higher rankings. Check backlinks for these sites.

Linda just posted some news from Google that link exchanges are now looked down on by google, and this is from matt cuts blog. I would assume it is accurate.

Most of the algo changes in the search engines for the last 3 to 4 years have all been link value related. not content related.

If your site drops, links is the most likely source of the problem.

Check who you are linking to.

I am not telling you that content is worthless, it is just worthless without good links.

I guess i can sumerise it like this. You can have a vette, and you can't go fast with it without fuel, you can not even go slow without fuel.

The vette is like content and the links are the fuel. So, what is better, A V.W. with a full tank or a sports car that is empty of fuel?

It is always a good idea to have content, and a lot of it, but content needs to be built at a smaller rate than links. this way the new content will have enough fuel to zoom to the top of the serp's.

But it is a great article.

Hope this helps.

Jim

usualy the first thing i check is who i am linking to. make sure they are clean. Then the next thing is the quality of links you have inbound. This is why i suggest articles and press releases. you control the content of the page and therefore you control the quality of the link.

The best part is that they are all one way links, so you are not risking linking to another site.

MI
Back