The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What does Google think about Bid Link Directories?

bbrian017

affiliate
I was wondering what Google thought about bid link directories. If you bid for link positioning could Google possibly frown upon this?

It's almost like buying a link isn't it? I was wondering because I recently launched a bid link directory and was wondering what my members have to worry about?

Bid Link Directory, Page Rank Checker, Link Directory

Does anyone know for a fact if this will negatively affect page rankings?

Google is very open that it frowns on any kind of paid linking and has been known to penalise both sides of the transaction. You can avoid this through using the nofollow attribute, though that may devalue your paid links in the first place.

Probably what Google's thinks about all types of web directories, but because inside a "bid directory" you pay for the link ... so don't think how much it will help.

I don't think Google minds about Paid Directories... I think the big thing was selling blogroll links or website links of non related content!

It's like a seo bloggers selling a link to someone who blogs about food!

See how it's unrelated? I think that's what Google frowns upon!

I wish I could get in contact with Google to discuss this matter!

Google is now punishing sites that buy links or sell links.

It states in Google's webmaster guidelines that it loves when you link to sites that are relevant to yours. That's a tip. If you see a site that is relevant to yours ask them to do a link exchange with you.

google state somewhere in the support centre that the only linking method you are allowed to-do is directory submissions... if they class paid directory's in that i dont know.... but if there ok with that i dont see a problem with bid directorys as its just a diffrent payment dynamic..

yahoo's directory you have to pay for and im sure google wont mind you getting listed there, so in theory i dont see a problem...

MI
Back