The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

What do you use for keyword research?

oregongal

affiliate
I find keyword research to be confusing sometimes. I keep reading different opinions about how many searches there should be before it's considered to have much potential for profit. And how many competing sites is too much. Has anyone tried Micro Niche Finder software?

Any other advice on the SIMPLEST way to do keyword research?
Diane

"I keep reading different opinions about how many searches there should be before it's considered to have much potential for profit. And how many competing sites is too much."

We get various versions of those 2 questions and I'm not sure the best answer. I guess to some degree the answer is "it depends" and that's why you seldom see anyone spell out a definitive number.

It depends on how skilled you are...

It depends on the age of the domain, inbound links,
site structure and some other variables too.

I'm pretty sure the 30 Day challenge spelled out a number for noobs to shoot for in terms of how many competing sites.

Just Googled it and found:
a) between 80-100 + daily searches in Wordtracker
b) Does it have less than 25-30K competing pages?

Now I'm pretty sure that is designed for total noobs. Someone with your experience
could possibly do well with a phrase that's more competitive.

Google adwords has a keyword suggestion tool which is what i use now that overture is stuck on january. I haven't found a figures results on the google tool and am finding this a little frustrating. Just because i am used to absolute numbers. The google tool has a bar and the amount of green in the bar corresponds to the popularity of searches

When initially starting a campaign, I like Google's keyword suggestion tool as a start. If the terms/phrases show up in their tool, they're actually being entered in to their search window. That means they are most probably being entered into other search venues.

Then, if it looks like a good niche (good activity from those keywords), I'll fire up Keyword Elite and look for more keywords from other engines. Keyword Elite is great for this type of research.

MI
Back