The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What do affiliates want to see?

oguzhanyanarisik

affiliate
Dear all,

I would like to ask you what good affiliates want to see on affiliate singup page (or any other document) that explains the details of the affiliate program?

Should it be short and bullet listed or long and comprehensively explained? Do "Earn Lots of Money" kind of slogans work for good affiliates?

I like to do a 2 paragraph overview of the program and the benefits, then a list of the main bullet points, then more detail below if you need it.

I'd be careful about the "Earn Lots of Money" kind of slogans. Savvy affiliates get tired of program descriptions that sound too hype filled or unrealistic.

I like to see the exact percentage of payout and for what and the how long the cookies are going to last...most important thing to me and will keep me reading (as long as they're worth it). Then their restrictions and any other rules I need to follow.

Other than that, as on any page, precise and to the point information that is important to me, short paragraphs for readability and I always enjoy a good, bulleted list. ;)

I would keep it short and sweet. Affiliates don't have time to read pages of information. I would give a very short description of the product or offer then simply list payout, requirements for conversion, restrictions, methods of promotion and any conversion stats you have. The rest will speak for itself.

Put as much information about your affiliate program in as little words as possible.

I have been working with affiliate programs for years and dislike reviewing affiliate programs that have a page with the affiliate information on where you have to scroll down to read it all.

I also dislike it when you are looking for affiliate program details that they offer in the affiliate program, but it's not mentioned. Normally you'll find it in their FAQ or TOS. If you offer a datafeed and 2 tiers then mention it.

banners
Back