The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What browser do you use?

I only use Firefox for business...they have an awesome community, lots of add-ons, and are constantly updating and improving the browser.

However, for regular browsing, I have fallen in love with Opera. It links up with What'sApp...allowing me to text anyone while I'm at my computer, they allow you to highlight exactly what you want to screengrab, no matter how small, and the best part...they have a vpn built right in to the browser by default.

I use Firefox where I can. Google Chrome reports back to Google.
Unfortunately, FF for LINUX will not support DRM now nor sound for me -- so I am forced to use Chrome. Also, some Google services require Chrome -- but who cares about these services anyway.

Then there is Chrome Mobile on Android --however-- Android is Google snoopware anyway.

I use Firefox where I can.

I've loved FF for years but the upgrades from 60 on have been irritatingly crashing and freezing - tabs and whole browser, the longer it's open, the worse it gets. Sooooo many times per day. It upgraded to 60.0.2 today and has been better after about an hour or two. We'll see how long it lasts, fingers crossed.

I have fallen in love with Opera.

I was thinking about trying that. If FF keeps acting up, I probably will look more closely at it.

It links up with What'sApp...allowing me to text anyone while I'm at my computer, they allow you to highlight exactly what you want to screengrab, no matter how small, and the best part...they have a vpn built right in to the browser by default.

Whaaaat? Really? I like the sound of it, already!

Edit: About five minutes after I posted this response, FF crashed again. Sigh.

Last edited:
I had this constant crashing issue with one of their previous updates, can't remember the number....in the 50s...but they finally fixed it on some subsequent update. I really don't want to change browsers if I don't have to, all my 'stuff' is here in my FF. :D

I think it's either a system/memory problem

Mine?

I think it's either a system/memory problem (FF crashing) I had that issue with 58? (6 moths ago) but the new 60 is fine. I have 5 FF browser parent windows open with multiple tabs, for a few days now. The no sound with video is not so bad -- the videos that auto play on sites are silent now :p

Last edited:
Or, the browser cannot access your system properly to render something (video, code, ...) requested from the Internet.

Chrome works okay, I've used it in desperation a couple of times - but I really don't want to. If one works, does that mean that the other should, too?

Last edited:
Maybe. It's the way it's the way the middleware is compiled to use your system resources. Middleware is complied software. A browser is middleware whose purpose is to interface and interact with the Internet.

Layman's terms: the browser may not like something on the Internet and croaks. Or, the browser cannot access your system properly to render something (video, code, ...) requested from the Internet.

Not necessarily, each browser is coded a bit differently. The 'special sauce' under the hood so to speak.

Install an adblocker on Firefox maybe it's an ad?

Interestingly, to block youtube ads you now have to pay for Ad Block Pro with Chrome. Google claims Ad Block + is malware and disables it?
My love affair with Chrome ended years ago when I discovered that they allowed sites to download tons of hidden malicious code behind the scenes. My computer used to crash and slow down daily. I ended up having to wipe it completely and when I switched to Firefox, I've had no issues since.

I only use Firefox for business...they have an awesome community, lots of add-ons, and are constantly updating and improving the browser.

However, for regular browsing, I have fallen in love with Opera. It links up with What'sApp...allowing me to text anyone while I'm at my computer, they allow you to highlight exactly what you want to screengrab, no matter how small, and the best part...they have a vpn built right in to the browser by default.
Your browser is a software application that lets you visit web pages on the Internet. Popular browsers include Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. Currently, Google Chrome is the most widely used browser in the world, and is also considered one of the fastest and most secure.

Different browsers have different capabilities. And although these differences may seem minor, it’s common for websites to work fine on one browser but poorly on another. The information on this page may help support teams troubleshoot technical issues specific to your browser.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly, to block youtube ads you now have to pay for Ad Block Pro with Chrome. Google claims Ad Block + is malware and disables it?

Your browser is a software application that lets you visit web pages on the Internet. Popular browsers include Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. Currently, Google Chrome is the most widely used browser in the world, and is also considered one of the fastest and most secure.

I use Firefox almost permanently, and Chromium but only to get onto Facebook Inc. websites (Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram). That way they will track me less.

Now that Firefox has "container tabs" I may ditch Chromium, but not sure yet.

By the way, you can watch DRM on Firefox as well. Just enable it in the settings.

Actually, all browsers should support all modern web standards. How many people buy a vehicle that is not capable of modern road speeds? An extreme analogy perhaps -- but the Internet is billed as the information highway. Stay in the slow lane and limp along?

Google Chrome is best for my needs... When it comes to safety, its' hard to say nowadays... None of them feel very safe.

I still use Chrome. Heard good things about other browsers, but I guess I'm conservative in this way.

banners
Back