The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What are some sites that are scams

Seo talks

affiliate
We all love to make money online but there are some sites that are just scams. Have you encounter them and what was it like? Share your stories here so we can avoid them. I have had a few scams online and I dislike it. I was at ground report and the owner never pays. She just doesn't pay so don't waste your time at that site. I was scam at Associated content too for one month worth of earning. They never even reply to my email. I was also scam at Xomba. They took two thousands articles of mine and deleted my account and would not let me join again. I was scam at Ebay by customers who wrote checks from closed account and customers who would not pay me after I refund them because of account problems. I lose like two grand on Ebay. Tell us your scam stories here online so we can learn from them.

10khits.com.au a trafficexchange scam site that promises to deliver traffic to your website, but never do, they also never reply to your emails when I enquired about why I never got traffic they didn't reply their support team are non-existant.

so hopefully if you guys go on this site you won't waste your time because I've stopped using them. I wouldn't even pay the premium membership fee!

Ah there are a lot of them and I have been their victim too. Then sooner I realized that it is all my fault. I was trying out the many PTCs, and almost all went scam. Many shut down. Then there was one traffic exchange site which did reply to my email but then it was quite odd as they told me - Google Analytics will not show the traffic incoming from them because of some Javascript conflicts :eek:

But then, all this was quite early in my career on the Internet when like many others, I was of the belief that I could become rich by using these kinds of sites. This is why I mentioned - it was my fault. Now, I never venture out on any money making sites on the internet so no worries et all.

Luckily I haven't been completley scammed by Ebay, but somebody sold me fake Apple earpods and claimed that they were the real ones. I haven't been scammed very much, but in my last few months searching for a legit money making opportunity online, I have come across tons of scams sites that I was lucky to avoid. These sites claim to make you good money, dont live up to the hype, and dont pay you anything! They are Emusic, Sharebuilder, mycashnow.com, fastloanfast.com, taxhawk.com. These sites are complete scams that have been found in research by myself and my friends. They either mess up your money, steal your information, or charge money they had no business charging you for. Please review sites before using them guys, I cannot stress this enough! Anyways, I wish you all luck in avoiding all the scams online. :)

I've been pretty lucky so far. I have never been scammed out of money (well, at least not by spending money, but I've been scammed out of money earned). There used to be a site called Readbud.com that claimed to pay you for reading and rating articles. They made their money by displaying ads next to the articles you read. They were supposed to pay you once you hit $50. They didn't pay me. Last time I checked the site was down so hopefully they were shut down but I'm posting this in case they open up another site.

Then I got scammed by SliceThePie.com. They pay you to rate music and I used them for a few years and made quite a bit of money with no problems and then one day they just suddenly suspended my account. They claimed my reviews weren't "constructive enough" even though I had been doing my reviews in the same manner for about 2 years. So they wouldn't pay me the money they owed me.

And as of right now I am waiting for a payment of $25.01 from bubblews.com. I hit redeem on the 16th of this month and I haven't been paid yet. I sent them an e-mail a few days later and got no response. I just sent them another e-mail which will probably go without response as well. I search the internet like crazy to find as much info on any types of "get paid to" sites and the stuff for bubblews has been about 50/50. Some people are getting paid and some aren't. So we'll see what happens to me.

Well I have been scammed from my earnings not being paid which is always really annoying! Sadly, there are loads of scam sites out there on the internet and I remember the main one years ago called Gagabux. All of the reviews said they were paying and legit and then the day I come to cashout, the site goes scam! It really annoyed me and in the end I just looked for other ways to make money online as I had waste 20 minutes everyday for a month earning just to get it scammed! Furthermore, I do not really like PTC sites that much as the earnings are so small unless you can get a load of rented or direct referrals!

I have been scammed before by points2shop, and a site called dollarforest, on dollarforest I worked hard to get $5.00 well once I did and cashed out, they banned me that same second! I was furious. I hate how you work hard to earn money to just be scammed.

When I first looked into using online strategies to create revenue, I fell for one of the "let me show you how to make money using adsense" kind of people. Essentially you pay about $100 and they give you a PDF that tells you how to setup a PDF for others to pay you for. It was disheartening. I didn't want to create revenue based on something like that. Most of all, I thought I was getting information on Ad driven revenue.

It was the first and best lesson someone can learn when they enter this arena. You don't pay big bucks for leads like that. Facebook Ads are about as expensive as you should get. Their take per click is usually like .08 or .13 something around that and that's about as big as you need to get.

Good lesson, sucks to lose money, but an education costs.

If you ever see a $200-$300 a day thing on the internet, trust me, 100% it's a scam. Unless you do something illegal, then I don't think you can ever make that type of money on the internet. Most I've ever made is $90 in a day and that was a one-time thing.

Generally if it looks too good to be true, it's a scam. You're not going to be making hundreds a day. Also I'd steer away from any website that requires a subscription or payment before you can 'start earning'. All you'll see there is your money down the drain and a happy scammer.

I haven't gotten caught up in many scams because I won't put money out up front to "buy in" to anything (my own domain, hosting, etc. are a different matter). But I have worked for sites that went belly-up or non-paying while owing me money and that always sucks. I'm pretty cautious about new revenue-share writing opportunities and things of that nature these days because so often they seem to go out of business/encounter major financial difficulties just as I build enough traffic to reach the payout threshold more than once every blue moon.

Wow, interesting stories everyone. Thank you for the replies. I learned a lot from your posts. About slicethepie, they're a very good site and I got paid by them very promptly but I think they're very strict and they want really good reviews and you really have to talk about a lot of factors which I think a lot of people don't have the patience or knowledge to do it. I know that they pay people a lot and the ones that talk badly about them are the ones who cheats on there and try to get by by giving really bad reviews that are unprofessional to the artist or unfair somehow. There are people who would say things that you would not imagine anyone with some common sense would say and not every user is nice on there so they would get ban eventually for bad behaviors. I know that they monitor your reviews very strictly. Its hard to talk about music in depth unless you're a musician yourself like me. I sing so I really do know how hard it is to rate and write about music. There are so many things that you have to know in order to write a really constructive review but I always maintain a lot of respect for the artists even it their music is very poor in quality cause they pay to get on there and they pay you. There are people on there who give out 0 rating which is very unfair. There is no music ever that would get a 0. They pay you so you could at least give them a one. Slicethepie would lose a lot of business if you do so. As long as you remain good and respectful of the artists, you should have no problems.

Mostly look for sites that have those banners that say as seen on like CNN or abc and stuff like that. Even with fake testimonials and fake reviews from people is something to look for. I think you will know that they're fake once you see it.

I was scammed by RewardPort. They are a ptr site that also offered shopping, surveys and a slew of other options to make money. It was super easy because they always sent several emails a day to click on and the surveys were always decent. I had cashed out there twice with no problems and received my Walmart giftcards usually a little after six weeks. The third cashout for a giftcard was very late. I emailed them and continued to work the site but I never got a response from support. I continued to work the site and emailed them a few more times. Finally I cashed out a second time with no response from them. After emailing them yet again with still no response I reported them to the BBB and started spreading the word that they don't pay up like wildfire.

The second scam that got me was SuperPoints. I was literally about five points away from cashout and I was in the middle of spinning the daily wheel spin when the site went down. No warning or anything. They shut the site down claiming that it was being taken over by new owners and no one was getting paid.

Stay away from RewardPort and don't worry about SuperPoints any longer.

RichPTC is a scam, I don't know a single person who has been paid. Oh and a sponsored post network called Blog Advertising Store which has never paid a penny to its bloggers, the last one regularly changes their name.

The only site that I have been scammed by was Bubblews, I had reached my second payout and they never paid me when I had followed all the rules they laid out. After I realized I wasn't getting paid I stopped writing for them. Other people stay on seeing their 5th, 6th, and 7th ect... redeem go un paid with the hopes of getting their money but I don't have that kind of time and energy to waste on something.

If you need articles don't go to cashtah.com. If you are a writer don't get a job there. I would still like to think better of the owner but she owed money to most of her writers prior to disappearing for good. We have tried to contact her but she doesn't answer emails or Skype messages anymore. She hires through craigslist. Often she doesn't mention her site unless you ask. She owes me nearly $400. She has all these promises in our past Skype conversations but she never delivered.

MI
Back