The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What am I doing wrong?

kazkotx

affiliate
Hello all,

I have had a hobby community site over the years that has just sat there as an expense, and I have only recently been regaining interest in it. Well half a year after launching Adsense I am making $150/month on the one site with the one program which is paying for the server and the Internet here that hosts it. I have very recently added some Ebay and Amazon stuff, an Amazon Store, a few other Comission Junction ads, and I havent seen anything from those yet, not a click or a sale. So it's odd. And the Adsense appears to be dropping a little now too.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I am looking for an ad rotator javascript that can realtime change ads from affiliate programs, ie: using the affiliate scripting links, not images. Does that exist? I want to use it with adsense and comission junction stuff for instance. I have a chat room where users will sit and chat for long times, and I'd like to swap ads somewhere in there every 20 sec or so.

Kaz

What type of hobbies are your users into?
I assume you are trying to show products that would appeal to your users?

The only ad rotator that comes to mind is PhpAdsNew. I think you can do text ad rotation. I doubt if you could use it for Adsense although I'm not an Adsense expert and you need to read the TOS.

Well all I have been doing thus far is adsense. So the concept of marketing is very new to me but I am doing some reading. For the moment I prefer to just use products from a managed program, I am not ready to handle the building of my own system and searching for advertisers... I do have plans to operate my own "local" storefront for the community so that members can post homemade items for sale, not unlike Ebay or Amazon, and I'll handle all of the transaction and billing and I guess ACH credits to their bank accounts minus site profits of course. But I have been thinking about starting on a few other new community sites instead of working on the store.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is to aggregate item listings. There are many items from Ebay and from amazon and from other places and soon hopefully from the local site as well. I'd like to offer a single "storefront" portal to my community to locate those items, and of course take a sales comission to support the site.

Kaz

banners
Back