The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What about these "pay for traffic" programs? Are they legit?

nj80

affiliate
Ive been researching affiliate marketing recently and was wondering if someone could possibly answer a question that I have. Apparently this seems to be the way to success in affiliate marketing:

1) Pick a solid affiliate
2) Create a website
3) Get lots og traffic to this site
4) Start posting banners and tracking ids and such
5) Watch the money start rolling in.

Just seems too easy. And my question is this, are these organizations that try to charge and say they use sophisticated software or whatever to increase your site traffic, is that actually legit? And if so, one wonders why more people dont utilize that method. Any information you guys could offer me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yes that's the process, but it's not exactly that easy. Each step you mentioned has lots of options and you need to learn to do each step right.

As far as "these organizations that try to charge and say they use sophisticated software or whatever to increase your site traffic"

Well not sure exactly what type of option you are talking about. Could be adware which is a dangerous way to advertise - so don't do it.

For the most part there is no traffic scheme that works and typically it will be money down the drain.

The main 3 ways to get legit traffic are:

ELBOW GREASE - Learning and implementing SEO to get search engine traffic.

ELBOW GREASE - to get free traffic through Social marketing, forums, blogs.

MONEY - Buy targeted clicks through PPC

ok

thank you for your response Linda.

Ok so in your opinion is a blog good enough to be successful in this business? I dont have a "domain" or whatever yet, and I had heard in the past that just creating a blog would be good enough.

Also when you create a blog on blogger.com and such, at what point does that become available in a google search?

Thanks again

Creating a blog that someone else (like Google) ultimately owns, controls and can delete is NOT a sound business model. However it's a great place to start or to test a market to see if it's worth pursuing before building a site.

The nice thing about blogger is you can start there for free, then when you are ready buy a domain and hosting and point blogger to your new domain so the posts end up on your own site, you just still use the blogger tool for publishing.

"Also when you create a blog on blogger.com and such, at what point does that become available in a google search?"

Well that depends on several things. If your title is "mortgage loans" or "make money online" or some competitive term, you'll be on page 10,000 and never find it and neither will anyone else.

Once a blog is picked up by Google then new posts can be picked up and ranked pretty quick. I've found my blog posts in Google within minutes sometimes. But that's partly because I have a regularly updated, well ranked long standing blog. A brand new blog with no inbound links could get lost in the shuffle. Not sure.

I just wrote this post yesterday about the Yahoo Store Meltdown and so did every big news outlet.

Cyber Monday Meltdown for Yahoo Stores and Affiliates - Google Search

I'm already listed and am at #3. :) (at least today on the data center I'm looking at.)

I see

So ultimately, heres the thing...

I am working at promoting fulltiltpoker on a blog that I created. DO you have any suggestions on how I would bring people in to see this blog and to eventually sign up?

Do you think there is any money to be made in this in the near future?

Best regards

banners
Back