The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Weird...

Kutaone

affiliate
There sure a lot of SEO experts, GURU's and marketing professionals here who seem to be asking for pretty basic advice about a subject they claim to have mastered and have entire websites dedicated to. (or maybe I know more than I previously thought:) Is that weird to anyone else or does it give you a little less confidence in the honestly of people on the internet? (not that I had a lot before.)

Thanks in advance-

I agree.

As I've said more than once, although probably not here, anyone who calls himself/herself an "SEO expert" probably isn't.

And it's getting worse as more people are attracted to trying to earn an income online, either because the economic woes have reduced opportunities for offline income or in some cases because they're lazy and think it's easy money online.

SEO isn't rocket science but it requires effort, diligence, and persistence. The self-described experts seem to me to fall into one of two categories:

1. Those who know it's not rocket science but want to make it seem to prospective or potential as if it is, i.e., "If you want to rank #1, you need me!"; and

2. Those who know it's not rocket science but are to lazy to put in the work to actually learn what it's all about and think anyone can do it by adding a few link exchanges.

Most of the elementary "you should know the answer if you really are an SEO expert" questions come either from those in category 2 or from link spammers and post-count padders.

Kutaone,

Typically in my experience these are overseas posters paid to post with a certain user name and sig but they have no clue about the subject matter. They are paid to make posts about that specific topic and don't know anything about it to post anything intelligent, so they ask questions - not realizing how dumb it sounds when you have a name like SEOguruPROexpert and you ask what backlinks are. :eek:

banners
Back