The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Website question - Google Cache sorta

Ali34

affiliate
So I was wondering if anyone can explain something to me, or knows how this works.

I found a directory online that had some outdated information on it about me, and I went to the site and deleted my name and info. When I googled myself, the directory was still listed with all the same outdated info listed in the description.

Is this a "cache' problem with my browser (which I thought I fixed to refresh all websites when revisited), or is this something that will always remain, or does the crawler or search engines take time to recognize that the information isn't there anymore?

I'd really like to know.

Thanks,
Ali

Hi Ali,

"does the crawler or search engines take time to recognize that the information isn't there anymore"

Yes that's it. However if that page is an old one the spiders don't visit any more or seldom visit it could take awhile. Remember that the G spider largely lives by following then eating links.

I recently changed some pages over from one old client that's gone to a new one I wanted to use that page for since it's already ranking well. I hit the new page with the Google toolbar a few times thinking she would pick it up that way. No luck. But about after I linked to the old page, clicked the link a couple times over 2 days, she picked up the changes and re-listed with all the new content.

So wait 2 - 4 weeks to see if it changes on its own. If not stick a link to the directory page on an old page of your blog. Hit the link with the G toolbar and she'll follow the scent and change it faster. Once the page updates, you can delete your link to it.

Not scientific or proven, just worked for me and makes sense. :p

MI
Back