The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Webserver on Windows tutorial

huncyrus

<span style="color: white; font-weight: 700; backg
affiliate
Hi!

It is my first tutorial on this site. This tutorial is simple, fast and working :D
Base conception: installing and setting up a webserver on windows operation system step by step.

First Special thanks for BagiZoli :)

Step 01. choose a webserver
In old time I use the PhpTriad 2.2.1 (sourceforge.net) but its too old. So we need a good, fast, newtech webserver. I choose the XAMPP. Its not too big (avereage 80-90mb size without database and temp/trash) and be a installer, a dev-package and a portable* pack.

*portable pack = not must install, just uncompress and use it. (but we now install this stuff)
xamp-tutorial_01.jpg

The first pic is the installing image. Just click next, next, next, and the installing end click the close :)

Step 02 : Base features and control-panel
So... the xampp is a fully package of a webserver. What in the package?
- an Apache webserver with fine features and plugins (extension)
- php 4 (stable)
- php 5 (!!!) (stable)
- mysql (4 and 5 ) (stable)
- openssl
- phpmyadmin
- xampp web config panel
- xampp control-panel
- other fine stuff (example code-s, extension, plugins, packages... )
xamp-tutorial_02.jpg

Thats okay. So what on this panel? And why good ?
Simple!
Its a fully control panel, we can starting and stopping (and restarting) the web services (with the start / stop button).
If we like web-programming, use the apache start and mysql start.
If u use the svc checkbox - u can register the service as system-service (so its go to running each windows starting)

On this panel we can configuring each service, but i not prefer it. I like the basical, hand write setupping.

Alarm! If we dont use the web service go to off status all! (better memory using ;) )

Step 03 : setting up apache

xamp-tutorial_03.jpg

Configuring, configuring, configuring.
In default setup is not bad, but not the best. So we need a little trick.
First search the http.conf file. ITS the apache hearth. So before the configuring please backuping this file :)
xamp-tutorial_04.jpg

Thank you for a very well written guide. Would you mind writing another one for setting up nameservers / dns with images?

Would be very appreciated.

Yep, Cyrus this was a very great tutorial similarly to Gkd i will give a rep for you;)

the tutorial...

so the Step 03 # 2
If we like using each extension, just deleting the # character.
I prefer to enabling the mod_rewrite.so (!) if we doing it, we can using .htaccess, mod_rewrite and SEO stuffs. (i testing it, its working)

Okay, after it, we need setting the work dir.
xamp-tutorial_05.jpg

First search this section, and rewrite the c:/xampp/htdocs to the destination / final workdir.
xamp-tutorial_06.jpg

Okay, if we modifyng the documentumroot, we must modify this section too!

Step 04: Setting up the PHP!
xamp-tutorial_07.jpg

We need check the php.ini. it is the heart of the PHP. So first create a backup file. Why need the checking? For the extension!
The base (default) setup is not bad too, but must checking.
Oky, this file in the xamp directory xamp \ php \ php.ini
xamp-tutorial_08.jpg

To enabling any extension just deleting the ; character.

I know, the best extension is:
- gd, gd2, exif for image manipulating
- db, dbx, sql, mysqli, odbc for database support
- bz, zlib, zip for compression
- and anything what we like...

Step 05: Restarting and testing
Okay, thats all folks doc! Just restart ALL service, then wait for good status window. :)

After the status is okay, just open a browser. (internetexplorer, mozilla, maxthon, opera, elephyani, safari or other... )
Then write this to the URL : We'll Have More Soon ->
Code:
http://localhost

If all is ok, you look now the base index file, with xamp language choicer.

Ok, this was the first tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you on material - remained so useful. I efforts just before on UNIX established computers and a Windows 7 you will be right now installed on my laptop or computer.

This is very helpful if my master, but I will continue to learn and keep learning,.
would be beneficial for me.

thank you ..

MI
Back