The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

webcam business

gavman

affiliate
i want to set up ip cameras at different locations to send live footage of surfing conditions on the isle of wight. the camera comes with software offering admin accesss and name and password for other users.
to cover the cost of camera and free broadband offered at the camera private locations i must raise some financial return. i could ask a yearly fee and give passwords for access, but surfers are a sneaky bunch like myself, and would probably share passwords with each other to avoid the fee.
i dont want to spend more and get a web designer, idealy i would like a paypal payment every time the cameras were viewed but not sure where to start. could i use an off the shelf website software package with online payment to control who can access the cameras?
gavin

Gavin,
First you need to create a detailed description document, along the lines of you post but much more details, also a diagram would be useful. I have not worked on a project like this before but I think it should be easy for you to give access and make access info unique so that surfers cannot share password, if the fee is also affordable, the motivation to share password with your mate will not be there.

I doubt if the standard web cam software has the capability to do what you need in terms of granting access only after you have paid, you may need some custom software created for you to get the cameras and payment system working exactly the way you wanted it.

A mate of mine at the University did something like this for his finally year project years ago, I have lost touch with him.... he would have all the info you need.

Good luck

banners
Back