The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Web Stat?

Syndr0me

affiliate
Hello!

Maybe this is a weird question.. But it goes like this..
I made my first affiliate website a couple of days ago.. And I've created a blog, made some articles, done some traffic-exchange and link-swapping.. and then.. out of the blue, i started getting massive traffic to my site - i went from 20 unique visitors a day to 123 in a couple of hours.. and of course - i love it! :)

But i just want to know where the traffic is coming from.. so i can learn what i am doing right..

So - any of you guys know a great software to do that? monitor traffic?

Thanks! :)

Who are you hosting with? Most hosts have Awstats and/or Webalyzer.

Even though I have both of those I still also use Extreme Tracking and it's the one I check at least 8 times a day because it tells me in real time who's visiting and where they come from. The other stats give you more of an aggregate view by day. But I check Extreme throughtout the day.

If someone links to my blog or blogs about my site - I can jump right over and join the conversation. If people are talking about one of my posts here at another forum - same thing, I know about it right away. It also shows me a nice graph of every major page of my site and whether the traffic is up or down on that page.

I ust the paid version but their free one is great and I used it for years.
eXTReMe Tracking

I've tried lots of stats programs including Google Analytics and this is still my FAV
for referral tracking and SE tracking.

Here's a demo. I'm linking to the referral info so you can see it.
eXTReMe Tracking Referrals
But it's a working demo so you can try all the different features.

Yes, if you are looking at Awstats or Webalyzer for your traffic gain, then you have to watch as these are not all that accurate. It is best to go with another stats tracking software that uses javascript on your pages to collect your stats.

I have found that analytics to be rather accurate.

Google Analytics

Another vote for Google Analytics.

I have used many traffic stat programs in the past, and still use AWStats off and on. However, you can gather some incredible information by using Google Analytics.

You can setup conversion trackers, where you can install on certain pages, like successful order pages or successful email signups... then you can process the information to find out where these conversions came from, what kind of search phrase actually converted etc. Great FREE tool.

banners
Back