The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Web Hosting confusion

bkind

affiliate
Hi Folks

I have read most of the post regarding domain hosting-web hosting etc.

Questions are

What kind of bandwidth, disc space etc should i be looking at. All of this stuff is new to me.
example i was looking at a host that offers 250 gig space and 2000 gig bandwith is this enough or could Linda host this form in that space so it would be overkill for a couple affilate sites.
Also i have read quite a bit of discussion on the realiabilty of web hosts.
My local isp also provides hosting, but i think its expensive but i am not sure about the above requirements so maybe its a good deal. I have been with them a long time for email. My customer # is 117 and the 386 was the top machine back then. Over the years these guys have managed to host some big companys and alot of gov departments and are now investing in wireless for rural areas which i live in.I cannot remember the last time they were down.

Still i see no need to spend $20.00 a month is it can be done for $10.00

As always any input is appreciated.
Brian

You can get decent hosting and a big enough package for a couple small to medium affiliate sites for 10 or even less. Take a look at ThinkHost, one of our clients. They offer 100 gigabytes server space and 1000 gigabytes bandwidth and unlimited domains for 7.95 a month (if you sign up for a pre-pay plan.)

You can even get bigger plans for less than that but then you need to be careful for all the over-sellers.

MI
Back