The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Seeking Help Want to start programmatic media buying! Need Suggestion.

Zaryab Khattak

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Evander Affiliates - Network with O&O In-house offers
Ellow Ellow!
Hope everyone is enjoying the new year with great reservations success in mind to achieve:)

I know it's been quite long since i posted last, but let's just forget about that as i have something to talk about.

So as you may get the idea from the post title, i have been thinking about this from while ago. But i wan't sure to go for it but this year i have decided to start changing my self and move on to start my own business. I have been doing affiliate marketing as an affiliate manager from 2 years and now i thought it's time to get move on and start thinking forward, i won't be leaving my job Duhh! everyone wants to earn more so just want to add some skills in my bucket so could make this year more profitable and enjoyable then the previous one.

Now i know it won't be a direct win for me and i am not looking into it that quickly, but maybe you guys can help me with some of my questions that could possibly make it more worthier then a disaster!

anyhow! sharing about what i start learning is to get traffic/consumers from rtb/dsp as a part of programmatic system, which i was learning from long time.
The niche i want to start with are:
Home-improvements
loan,
insurance,

geo will be US only. The agency "Evander Affiliates" i am working with, are focused on the above niches. As working with them i got lot's of idea about them so wanted to see if they works better with this programmatic traffic. I would be choosing "Taboola" software to purchase traffic from so here are some of my questions:

1: Is RTB system worthy for the above niches for the US geo
2: Is Taboola a good choice to start working with? ( i have saw the reviews but just want to confirm)

Now here comes the main thing, the "PreLander" that i am going to learn about. I just got an idea about that so i want to ask some questions!

1: Is prelander the only way to collect email data?
2: Can we use a prelander to be website for us holding several niches in it. (Pardon me if anything sounds wired here but i am totally new in this game, so i would act like a dumb!):p
3: If i made a prelander to collect the email data, where would i store that data? so i could use them for a promotional purpose?

This is only i want to get my first step into this field, i have several other plans for the future like, opening my own shopify store, work on facebook and tiktok ads etc but that would be once i get something from the above.

I am looking forward to your response to see what i am missing and where should i start from.

Zaryab

1: Is RTB system worthy for the above niches for the US geo
2: Is Taboola a good choice to start working with? ( i have saw the reviews but just want to confirm)
RTB is not curated traffic --meaning you will get the leftovers. Most placements are low grade --some (few) are good --a lot is remnant traffic. It's a lot less expensive for these reasons.
Taboola has more exclusive placement on better websites --and is priced accordingly.

Do you have a process mapped out?
  • A process can be a methodical series of actions directed to some end.
  • Processes govern how daily activities and tasks within a company or in a campaign's progress (or termination).
  • All processes are created toward achieving an end result.
As a consumer why should I offer you my email when you are not the seller of the goods --just a referral source? Your process better have a damn good reason unless you are just looking for low intelligence applicants that may very well not qualify to the offer pay-out terms. The good ones may just close the pre-lander thinking "OK, just another spam me ad!" For that reason: I like the Yes, add me or No thanks dismissal on an email submit form. The potential referral feels they have a fair choice and is not being forced of manipulated into some action before the person sees what he is getting.

Any pre-lander of a bridge page has 2 functions:

1. To filter and ascertain the quality of the referral, right GEO, not a proxy user or a bot (hopefully)
  2. To per-sell the offers idea and get some agreement on the main points. Not over detailed and requiring a CTA click action that is counted.
  3. The third could be a email squeeze (capture).
If you are going to do the email thing you must record the input, send a op-in email, then record the address and opt-in status.

something like Email Signup Form Software - Start for Free | SendGrid would do this. There are others.

If you are serious long term to email, I would script this to create your own database and encrypt it, then relay with the api. You would want to 'own' the database so it is easily portable to any SMTP server/platform.

Do you have a process mapped out?
  • A process can be a methodical series of actions directed to some end.
  • Processes govern how daily activities and tasks within a company or in a campaign's progress (or termination).
  • All processes are created toward achieving an end result.
Hey mate,
I knew you would be here to help me out. I was rightClapping

I want answer and ask more question, so you have mentioned "Do i have process mapped out!" well to be honest i am still learning from youtube and this form related to this so i am not sure if i have sought-out everything. But i have few things in mind i would like to share to see if they are good or stupid options of mine!:)

1: I am looking forward to buy a website domain and use it as a prelander ( i don't know if this is a right thing to do!) as i see people make their own websites and build the prelander separately which i don't really know, how works! maybe i miss understood something?
Do they made prelander from the exact same domain? or they purchase another?
2: I found a way to make a prelander without having involved in the coding! the wordpress i don't know if this is a right choice but i am not into coding to much so i found people make prelanders through it so i thought why not i try this as i don't have to go through the coding process!
3: I will use the "Wordpress" as my email data collector which i may use for further promotional purpose, side by side i will check the daily process of my traffic campaign that i would be purchasing from Taboola, now from here i am bit confuse as how i would be able to detect if the user coming from taboola are real consumers or bot as you mentioned!

I don't know if this is enough information, but this all as far as i know and have setup in my mind. I would like you to tell me what should be added and what should be removed!

My Next Questions is:
I saw a video where a guy was talking about why prelanders don't converts well! the main reason i found was "No customer satisfaction" he mentioned, there should be reviews on your lander and number for consumers you have served, some great company's you have worked with etc. Now i had a question in my mind! i have built a new prelander which no body know about so if i upload some fake reviews would that provide the positive response on my prelander or negative.
As beginning i can't have the consumer review as i just started so that's not possible for me unless if there's a way i don't know!

As a consumer why should I offer you my email when you are not the seller of the goods --just a referral source? Your process better have a damn good reason unless you are just looking for low intelligence applicants that may very well not qualify to the offer pay-out terms. The good ones may just close the pre-lander thinking "OK, just another spam me ad!" For that reason: I like the Yes, add me or No thanks dismissal on an email submit form. The potential referral feels they have a fair choice and is not being forced of manipulated into some action before the person sees what he is getting.
This part hit me hard as i didn't got anything familiar to study about this. I really appreciate this part, i have a concern that is,
You mentioned that you give the consumer a choice to select between yes or not! is there any way to make this consumer possibly go for the yes?
I mean, although i am paying for that consumer to visit for the product so if he just say no and move on towards the product, that would mean i will lose him for future promotional activity. Or if the method you mentioned, and i mentioned in earlier chat about fake rating would make him think to go for it. I don't know just hitting my brain hard to understand the minor details before going for anything!

and 1 more thing! would Wordpress allow me to add the option for consumer, to choose between yes or no? as far as i saw in videos, i only found people making prelanders with straight email request dialog box and the end! i couldn't see if i can be able to add those option or maybe i missed something?

To filter and ascertain the quality of the referral, right GEO, not a proxy user or a bot (hopefully)
How would we be able to detect if the user is bot or a proxy user?
In my guess US geo will be great for loan, insurance, home-improvements niches. Or if not, let me know what should i do?

To per-sell the offers idea and get some agreement on the main points.
My idea about collecting the email data is something about this. I would use the data for my offers promotion regarding the purchased product, like if someone has click on the link to get a loan. I will try to add it to the loan email data list so, as some times went like a month or 2 depending what niche data it is, i will reshoot the similar offer to them or offer different in niche but similar in property. I don't know maybe this could be wrong step to do!

Not over detailed and requiring a CTA click action that is counted.
I am not sure if i got you correctly on this point so would appreciate if elaborate a little bit further so i could understand the depth!

The third could be a email squeeze (capture).
Does that mean, like the once who sell the data"Data seller" i am not sure if i get you right on this point as well!

If you are going to do the email thing you must record the input, send a op-in email, then record the address and opt-in status.
So if i am right! when i get the email submitted by the consumer, i have to send him an email and wait for his response back, and then record it so i could know whome to pursue and whome not to!
something like Email Signup Form Software - Start for Free | SendGrid would do this. There are others.
I found there was an extention in the wordpress that helps to send welcome email to the data provided by the consumers. I sawed that in a video. Would that be something i could get in wordpress as well or would i have to go and signup there and purchase it anyhow?

If you are serious long term to email, I would script this to create your own database and encrypt it, then relay with the api. You would want to 'own' the database so it is easily portable to any SMTP server/platform.
I need help here as well :(
Till i understood, you would help me to build own software through your scripts or something that would help me to build my database?
not sure so would like to know what i am missing here!:)

By the way thank you so much mate for sharing this information, it really helped me a lot here and i am looking forward to learn more from your as well:)

Zaryab

I think WordPress is a mistake and a crutch. However, eons ago when I first started I did use site-makers. The I moved on to Adobe Dreamweaver (back in the day). It's a process and a lot of learning. I use Bluefish as an editor and code the final HTML and scripting in nano on the server using ssh in a terminal session.
So you mean i should build the website by my self from scratch?

You should probably use a commercial tracker for now if you are going to be running ads.
This is a tracking software right?
I would be already using a hasoffers system to get offer from, and then a taboola system to purchase traffic from, so what's that for?

My logic in the email thing is: why alienate potential buyers with a one sided email solicitation --what is in it for the visitor?
I would rather have someone decline the email submission and keep that visitor as a referral to the offer I am hawking --that is the real target.
I understood, this is something really interesting so i would choose to go with this idea,

one more thing, should i built my website by wordpress for now so i could collect the data and learn about coding now. As it will take time to me to learn about it as i am totally new to it so don't want to waste time for now, maybe a good choice maybe bad!

tell me what should i do in this scenario?

I think WordPress is a mistake and a crutch. However, eons ago when I first started I did use site-makers. The I moved on to Adobe Dreamweaver (back in the day). It's a process and a lot of learning. I use Bluefish as an editor and code the final HTML and scripting in nano on the server using ssh in a terminal session.

You should probably use a commercial tracker for now if you are going to be running ads.
You can segment the GEO at every advertiser now.

Detecting bot and proxies gets more difficult every day.

My logic in the email thing is: why alienate potential buyers with a one sided email solicitation --what is in it for the visitor?
I would rather have someone decline the email submission and keep that visitor as a referral to the offer I am hawking --that is the real target.

Hire a developer to code your api integration
Okay so can you tell me what would be the actual purpose of this integration and getting a new tracking system!

I mean i am already an affiliate manager so i would be both handling the account side of our hasoffers system as well as the publisher side, and hasoffers provide the api integration system it self so is it still i need someone to hire and implement the api script??

what is your volume?
how fast to you want to be able to react?

I know hasoffers has an api.
Taboola has an api (also)? Assume so.
Then you have to analyze the traffic funnel and its results.

So you will have data in 3 (or more) places to look at.

You will manually make a a spreadsheet to combine and analyze that?

If time is not that important you could do that. I have done things like that on a small scale.

However, if I was spending serious money on a programmatic ad buying scheme I would want to be able to review my selected KPI's and make an informed decision quickly. Too easy to lose a lot of money very quickly.
I understood, so you mean i have to track my data from 3 system so i could analyze things and make changes accordingly!

well i would definitely do that but for that i would had to pay the 3rd tracking system as well and i am limited in budget so i would like to skip this part for now. I would like to start first with these 2 only and see how things go for me. If everything is right i would definitely give it a go as well!:)

or if i am doing wrong let me know

I would be already using a hasoffers system to get offer from, and then a taboola system to purchase traffic from, so what's that for?
That might work --how will you integrate them both in a logical progression.
Hire a developer to code your api integration. Find a tracker that will allow s2s postbacks from each of those platforms and integrate the data into one place.
I understood, this is something really interesting so i would choose to go with this idea,
The "No thanks" click dismisses the overlay modal so if you are bound and determined to use WordPress look for a suitable plug-in.

the Landing page is the accountability factor --what works and what is not working are you using a man in the middle? The landing page or the order (sales) page and thank you page. What about email return visits to the website or order pages. Dropped carts etc ...
I didn't thought about that!

Please brief me with the details about how would this api integration happen and how would i suppose to manage it!

I mean if i add 3 party between the traffic source and has offers! what would be difference i shall record and assume to work on!

1. Look at your conversion rate. This is the number of people who take the desired action on your landing page (e.g. sign up for your newsletter, buy your product, etc.). A high conversion rate means that your funnel is effective.

2. Look at your bounce rate. This is the number of people who leave your landing page without taking any action. A low bounce rate means that people are sticking around and engaging with your content.

3. Look at the average time spent on your landing page. This will give you an idea of how engaged people are with your content. A high average time spent on your page means people are finding your content interesting and are sticking around to read it.

4. Look at the number of pages people are viewing. This will give you an idea of how much content people are consuming on your landing page. A high number of pages viewed means people are finding your content valuable and are sticking around to read more of it.

5. Look at the number of social shares. This will give you an idea of how viral your landing page is. A high number of social shares means people are finding your content valuable and are sharing it with their friends. By looking at these metrics, you can get a good idea of how effective your landing page funnel is.
So i understood this part very clearly, but for this part i have to pick a platform that helps me to detect the user activity such as: "Clickfunnel" right?

if yes! then i found that clickfunnel budgets are bit higher to purchase so can you recommend me something i could start with lower budget and when i find results i gradually go for the higher version of testers etc!

one more thing! you told me to hire a deve to build an api integration for my landing page! was that for to connect my landing page with the clickfunnel system?

what is your volume?
how fast to you want to be able to react?

I know hasoffers has an api.
Taboola has an api (also)? Assume so.
Then you have to analyze the traffic funnel and its results.

So you will have data in 3 (or more) places to look at.

You will manually make a a spreadsheet to combine and analyze that?

If time is not that important you could do that. I have done things like that on a small scale.

However, if I was spending serious money on a programmatic ad buying scheme I would want to be able to review my selected KPI's and make an informed decision quickly. Too easy to lose a lot of money very quickly.

In your case scenario: this is between the publisher and hasoffers.

Now use that search link and incorporate the ideas they discuss to you own specific needs, reset, retest until you have the data that you think will help you to spend your time and money, with the most impact, and in the most profitable way you can.
so technically you mean to say i make use my landing page as a funnel to convert consumers into customers right?

Like a details involved landing page which attract the consumer and make him to choose my landing page as a choice next time as well! and i detect all the activity of the consumer so i could recommend something familiar to him/her as per her requirements?

It really depends on the strength of the selling party's funnel, IMHO ...
Your landing page acts as an intermediary; a filter; and as a trial close; encapsulating the reasoning that the offer is a good decision for the buyer. -> a pre-sell or conditioning of the prospect

However, the actual offer should have a good funnel for this ... Most DON'T. That's why they thingk its worth paying affiliates to do their work :D
understood!

So i understood this part very clearly, but for this part i have to pick a platform that helps me to detect the user activity such as: "Clickfunnel" right?
how about this one?

How will you understand how your traffic interacts with your landing pages?

traffic source --> landing page --> hasoffers

the Landing page is the accountability factor --what works and what is not working are you using a man in the middle? The landing page or the order (sales) page and thank you page. What about email return visits to the website or order pages. Dropped carts etc ...

user activity such as: "Clickfunnel" right?

A lot of people use that: Clickfunnel --and like it --there are others. Test out some 30 day trials of different tools for that purpose and see what you like best and what will suit your needs.
can you recommend any?

Spend a few hours reading

>>> how to analyze landing page funnel effectiveness

AI --Useful web scraped content reply ;)
There are a few key things you can do to analyze your landing page funnel effectiveness.

1. Look at your conversion rate. This is the number of people who take the desired action on your landing page (e.g. sign up for your newsletter, buy your product, etc.). A high conversion rate means that your funnel is effective.

2. Look at your bounce rate. This is the number of people who leave your landing page without taking any action. A low bounce rate means that people are sticking around and engaging with your content.

3. Look at the average time spent on your landing page. This will give you an idea of how engaged people are with your content. A high average time spent on your page means people are finding your content interesting and are sticking around to read it.

4. Look at the number of pages people are viewing. This will give you an idea of how much content people are consuming on your landing page. A high number of pages viewed means people are finding your content valuable and are sticking around to read more of it.

5. Look at the number of social shares. This will give you an idea of how viral your landing page is. A high number of social shares means people are finding your content valuable and are sharing it with their friends. By looking at these metrics, you can get a good idea of how effective your landing page funnel is.

While both landing pages and funnels can be used in paid advertising campaigns, they serve different purposes.

Landing pages are typically used to generate leads, while funnels are used to convert leads into customers. The biggest difference between landing pages and funnels is the return on investment (ROI).

Landing pages have a higher ROI than funnels because they require less investment to generate leads.

Funnels require more investment because they include additional steps, such as email marketing and automated follow-ups, that are designed to convert leads into customers. While landing pages have a higher ROI, funnels can be more effective in generating customers.

This is because funnels provide a more streamlined and personalized experience that guides the visitor toward the desired goal.

Ultimately, the decision of whether to use a landing page or a funnel will depend on your specific goals and objectives. If you're looking to generate leads with a minimal investment, then a landing page is a good option. If you're looking to convert leads into customers, then a funnel is a better option.

Back to mission control:

AI above outlines roughly the areas of a customer's journey that could become a part of your primary KPIs that would influence what advertising methods and networks where you will spend your money. Also some of these KPIs and and nuances will influence constant customer flow that is leading to better conversions.

• When you want to analyze several versions of CTA and basic page flow tests,
  • often called a<=>b or multivariate testing,
  • the application of some, or a few, tracking solutions that are mission specific to your goals,
  • you want the data aligned with both your traffic sources and the end conversion statistics.

In your case scenario: this is between the publisher and hasoffers.

Now use that search link and incorporate the ideas they discuss to you own specific needs, reset, retest until you have the data that you think will help you to spend your time and money, with the most impact, and in the most profitable way you can.

I am not looking for more work :D

But if you have a substantial budget for this ... I am not a mind reader ... Talking in generalities is mental masturbation

You need a proposal of what you want before any developer will talk to you (that is worth a shit).

mystery ad source? An api integrations depends on the api features that the advertising source offers.

https://support.tune.com/hc/en-us/categories/1500001013322-API has offers is documented
Hey hey Mate, what's up?

It's been quite long since we continued the conversion, so i am curious for it :)

Here are some major updates in the mean time i did:

1: My landing page: www.mortloans.com
The name "MortLoans" will goes to target mortgage loan services and other varieties of loans services available in the USA. I have done building it with all the enough data i had, including the one i got from you here as well, please check and let me know your reviews.

2: I have switched my adv platform from Taboola to google ads, sadly i found they weren't providing their services here and the pricing was much higher then i thought so it was better for me to start with google ads.

3: I have found a software where i would track all my Adv platform and landing page data at once, The system is called "BeMob" they are offering a free trail of 200k which would be enough for me for the first month to look on the performance.

4: I would be using "google analytics" to analyse my landing page performance and see where the consumers really are lagging and fix the issue.

5: I have used "Canva" app to build posters for google ads, also another website that was providing the same services with some great template available. I have done all the major changes needed there so i hope so it won't effect me anything here!

So here's my simple plan, I would drive traffic from "google ads" to my landing page. I would track the landing page performance and stuff from google analytics and both platforms integration performance in "BeMob" system. Implement some a/b testing and repeat until i get the desired results.

I would like to know if there's anything i am missing and need to work on it, let me know

Hey Mate, that's why i like talking to you. I have shared the landing page with many other partners to review and let me know but no one could guide me as you did and that's what i like about you. Here's the questions and major changes done from my side:

~delete~Minimum loan amount should be 150k$ or 1,50,000$.
Updates,

REMOVE the term Payday <--poison keyword your ad will be rejected at Google Ads
Well i don't know, but somehow i just posted my ads on google and it got approved even with the payday word there. I don't know if this is a green signal or not :/

USA Located Property Only Owner Occupied or ?
Please help me with this as i didn't get cleared on this point!

No terms of service or privacy policy links --privacy policy REQUIRED for Google Ads
Geo: Ny restricted done, and for this. Is it necessary to write it now as google ads has already approved my site so i don't know if i need to upload it now or not!

I would make a landing page for 2 ads
  1. mortgages
  2. not real estate secured
The type of applicant is usually very different economically.
I need clarification on this, as i have build a landing page so i assume i have to keep a consumer with in the same page. Building 2 ads over there would make the consumer distract which i don't really want. Or maybe i couldn't understand you properly

It's very clear, to me, having worked in the mortgage lending and brokering business, that you haven't done enough research.
I would be honest with you, yes i didn't. As my only focus was to build a landing page and push traffic to it. I don't know if i have to put as much details as you're saying "Totally my opinion" , I have givin the consumer the idea of what he would get from my site and as he would click on the ad he's probably looking to buy or get the product so i don't know what would that help me with this. Please let me know.

Also, you need to sell the sizzle not the steak to get the leads --your copy is very generic; and for PPC and a 'Lead Magnet', that will not work well.
Can you share some examples with me so i could understand this one properly

I don't want to see you dump money on Google Ads --very expensive PPC --until you address some of these landing page issues and do an A<=>B test

* Get access to some of the best mortgage rates available
* Conventional as well as FHA and VA loans
* Credit scores over ? 675?
* 1st and equity mortgage loans
* Both owner and non-owner mortgage loans
I see, would look forward to try them.

Also wanted to share a bit nonsence thing i guess, I found google ads was not providing me much traffic as per my budget as i was looking. The CPC was like 90 click per month for $200, which doesn't make sense. So maybe i would go forward to move anyother RTB system like adsterra so could get a better CPC ratio. I want to earn more first then spent so i didn't like the google program tbh! :/

So, for sport I asked Bing AI in Skype IM Chat AI :D
I found this quite informative. But i would like to know, how this is helping me with my landing page as i can't state this information there. I mean this doesn't really mean anything to me tbh. Yes i know this is so dumb of me but i want to know so i could learn so please tell me :)

so technically you mean to say i make use my landing page as a funnel to convert consumers into customers right?
It really depends on the strength of the selling party's funnel, IMHO ...
Your landing page acts as an intermediary; a filter; and as a trial close; encapsulating the reasoning that the offer is a good decision for the buyer. -> a pre-sell or conditioning of the prospect

However, the actual offer should have a good funnel for this ... Most DON'T. That's why they think it's worth paying affiliates to do their work :D

Last edited:
You have not identified a pain point in borrowing money and offered a better solution
Please correct me this time,

All i got from this message is that "I have focused on identifying my page success" rather. than "Let the consumer know what problem am i going to solve" right!

I think you need to tailor to these audience separately. Lending is not one-size-fits-all.
I see, now i understood that totally. Thank you mate.
Well I will for sure make a sub domain and make both of the loan options separate. But at the moment i want to see with the current one, would that be okay for now?

user activity such as: "Clickfunnel" right?

A lot of people use that: Clickfunnel --and like it --there are others. Test out some 30 day trials of different tools for that purpose and see what you like best and what will suit your needs.

Hey Mate,
So here's something funny and the dumbest thing i have ever done, last night i was doing some over smart work and accidentally deleted all the content in my website. Which technically means i have to built it from scratch again as i deleted all the stuff back from the trash as well and didn't even got the backup :confused:

At the moment, i got depressed by this but not looking to stop. As from your conversation here i found it was already not to good for advertisement so i would make it from scratch with getting details from you.
Here's what i am going to do now and let me know what need to be added or removed:

1: gonna built 2 different landing pages with in the same domain, different for mortgage and business loan.
2: I'm gonna provide a bit details on how our product which i would take a help from chatgpt to provide me help with copywriting

Let me know what other things i have to focus on so i could do this time better and quicker

Nope. I integrate my own functions into the landing pares and traffic links. Only tracking what I need --not what some tool says with all it's clutter (features) The first page of the search --did you take a good look --most of then are known and legit.

If I could offer 'perfect in a box' I could sell it for thousands. Every situation has different requirements.

Write a comprehensive proposal of what you need I will look at it. But one size fits all is not found in business -- in anything really.

MI
Back