The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Want To Learn Media Buying?

To be honest, it would be best to really hone in on and optimize SEO first. Media buying is great but with the delay in payables it may take you a while to have your free cashflow at the point where you can constantly run campaigns.

There are a lot of great SEO tools out there - maybe start a site about something you are passionate about and market that content. And on the site learn Media Buying and see if you can arbitrage and get users to pay for X.

Some good SEO resources would be: Quicksprout, Backlinko, Ahrefs Blog. I'd start there first.

To be honest, it would be best to really hone in on and optimize SEO first. Media buying is great but with the delay in payables it may take you a while to have your free cashflow at the point where you can constantly run campaigns.

I would argue that... By the time one start to do some SEO and the initial revenues starts kicking in, you might have to wait several months. Indeed, once your site starts ranking you get a flow of "free" traffic and revenues, but depending on the niche you are targeting, competition might be tough and it can take a long time to get enough traffic to start making decent revenues.

So here is the story Mia so you get the big picture and can make your decision on where to focus your attention.

Seo is difficult isn't actually the term - i would say SEO is ruthless: But yes, before being ruthless it's difficult. But more importantly you are competing against millions of people (depending on your niche) and you are facing a very ruthless enemy (that can sometimes become your friend) - Google. It means that if you start today, you will have to move fast in order to reduce the gap between you and your competitors (who have been targeting the same keywords for ages). Moving fast, means you take risks, and when you take risks - google can become your friend for a while, but then can come back and bite you when its algorithm finds out you've been playing it. Unfortunately, google's bites are normally fatal which means that you go back to square one and do it again - learning from your mistakes. One thing that i missed here is that ranking your site for competitive keywords can take between 6 to 12 months, when you take limited risks. Financially, it means that you work hard, you dont make money until you are decently ranking, and there is no guarantee whatsoever that you will be actually ranking and that this ranking will last.

On the other side Media buying requires some marketing skills, tools, bit of technical knowledge and obviously some money. At the beginning, you will probably lose and be disappointed, but if you consider that every $ spent is business intelligence and you have the right tools to gather and analyse this business intelligence, the learning curve will not be too difficult to overcome.

So if you're about to start a new venture, i would suggest to forget about SEO and gear up for media buy as you will quickly see some action, traction and eventually some money.

Last but not least: try to figure out a niche market (geo and industry) that you can emotionally and creatively relate to as it will be easier to pick the right offers, build your marketing strategy, create the necessary content and understand why certain things work and why others fail.

Tools that you will need:
- Landing page builder - instapage, unbounce
- Tracking software - trackingdesk
- Mailing list management - mailchimp, aweber
- Spy on your competitors - spyfu, whatrunswhere

Hope that helps!

Good luck!

Very well written

MI
Back