The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Vista - Wait another 2 years

temi

affiliate
I bought a new computer one week or so ago, it comes with Windows Vista, its AMAZING how many stuff does not work on the bloody Vista, not even simple Alexa toolbar.

You would have though one year after it was released most software will work on it by now. Its a nightmare, I found myself using my old XP computer more than the new one.

Attachments

• alexavista.jpg
    alexavista.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 10
This problem with new OS was always a BIG problem, but it seems that Vista is so difficult to use for webmasters. For simple PC users, Vista is allright, but for someone who needs to add alot of things to his system....

You are absolutely right, My Vista has 2 Gig of RAM but bloody hell, is it slow or what?

They released Vista way too soon. It was no where near ready when they released it and they are still applying fixes.

I will be waiting for a while before I upgrade thats even if I do.

Geoserv

I won't be using Vista until Service Pack 1 is released. Even then I will wait and find out what others have to say before using it

I have had to sort out a range of vista issues lately for clients such as missing reg entries required for wifi... The good news is, sometime in mid january they are going release sp1. This will hopefully make vista way more stable.

Nigel

They was a bit overambitious with vista if you ask me and bound to face problems like this. My wifes mum has a vista pc and its great for what she uses it for. But if you run a lot of different programs you might find half of them don't work...

I bought a laptop two months ago, came with Vista, as well. I am not really having any issues with it, though I have to admit that sometimes you may get a few weird errors. I don't like the prompting either, it prompts you just about anything.

Meti

I don't mind the prompting when installing new software, that was one of the less desirable feature of previous Window because any one can basically install anything on you computer without you know (i mean virus and malicious code) but that is less likely to happen with Vista because of the prompting

I guess you're right temi, it is good for addition, but though I dislike the prompting when it asks you to run a specific software. When installing a software, I guess the prompting is good, due to the reasons specified above.

Meti

banners
Back