The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Very new, could use some help

usedcarfinders

affiliate
Hello all, my name is Jimmy I am 19 years old and guess what? I love money.
I work full time and go to school, I have played around with internet marketing and I enjoy it. Here are some of the things I attempted.

I bought an E-book, waisted my money, 100 pages of repetitive nonsense.

I spent tons on adwords and made 38 dollars through clickbank which I still havent recieved because I didnt reach a minimum payout.

I made my own website to sell car parts via dropshipping, bad traffic, nearly any conversions, lost more money.

I see what you guys are saying about making sites, I have hobbies I love I am just not sure what kind of sites I would make that would earn money (or how they earn money)

I am poor with html, I do not know any programs like adobe CS2 or dreamweaver.

How do I jump in this game? Any advice?

Hi Jimmy

Be more than happy to lend a hand and help you get up and running and making some revenue. We have a couple of books I can send you (free) that can give you some ideas and guidelines in getting running, also have a look at our affiliate quick start guide here. Feel free to drop me an email (watch for the spam challenge :) ) :: chris.sanderson@amwso.com

Cheers

Chris

Start using Wordpress for building your sites. Or, you can go with a little advanced CMS systems like Joomla, Drupal, even Pligg.

But, wordpress is easy to use and you can have your sites up in no time. First step is always having a good design (after you've figured out what market you are going into)

This is where it gets hard because of the rules

Find my website, find a book called Backporch Marketing. I've spoken to the guy and did a review of his book. He lived it and he wrote it. He discusses mistakes he made such as the one's you mention above and he talks about what worked for him.

Also and most important he doesn't pull punches offer a quick fix or tell you how you're gonna make a gob of money real fast. He tells you it will take hard work

I can't figure out a way in this forum to help you with what I know will help you

Sorry

Rick

"Find my website, find a book called Backporch Marketing."

Rick it's very simple. If you REALLY want to help someone, just to help them
and not to help them find your site so you can benefit yourself,
all you have to do is give him the direct link (not live.)

You can say backporchmarketing.com or whatever the site is,
to point someone to a good resource, as long as it's not your own site.

(Note, Chris linked to his site which is allowed because he's an industry expert
and a 5 Star client, who is trying to help. Not trying to send someone to his site
so they click on his affiliate links so makes a commish.)

Hi Usedcard...,and welcome.

Well, it is good that you realized that starting an online business is not so easy... There are tons of people out there promising the moon and trying to sell you everything with the goal to get your money.

The first step is to jump into this game with the right mentality, it is all about hard work and spending time studying, learning and applying.

If you have the "I want it now" mentality and you jump from here to there looking for opportunities and methods to make money quickly, the results will be poor.

You have to define your niche and it is better is you do it based on what you love and have knowledge about (Wrong niche means No money).

In this way you can help others. People buy from those that they trust and belive in. First you have to give and then you reap the rewards.

On the other hand, you don't need to know a lot of HTML, you just need the basic. You can use a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) HTML editor NVU. Also, there are lot of free website or squeeze page good templates out there.

Just focus your niche and work on it, don't get distracted with other things.

Thanks,
PV Reymond

What would you like to see...

so by making this site it should simply be a review site, in which I will eventually add links?

That would be up to you. If you were a surfer coming onto your site, what kind of content would you like to be reading...what would catch your attention? There are as many ways to provide content as there are ideas...it's up to you to figure out which would work best. Check out some of the sites you read regularly and see what is it about those sites that keep you coming back...then see if that type/style of site would fit into your own site plans and build around that idea. Of course, with the obvious intent of making it your own style, look and vibe graphics wise and content wise. If you keep on thinking about it should eventually click. Best of luck.

Jazzguy (Lyle)

Excellent advice Lyle! If you put yourself in the visitor's shoes
and pretend you're a customer, you will find the answer.

That's another reason too that it's helpful to pick a niche you know
about and better yet are even passionate about. Easier to put yourself
in their shoes and know what type of site and content would interest them.

banners
Back