The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Very first step: EIN and website requirements for affiliate networks

Tuavale

I am looking at 2-3 affiliate networks and they require items that I can't seem to provide at this time:

- EIN
- website

EIN:
Do I apply for DBA or sole proprietorship? What ramifications does that do to my W2 individual contributor status. I was one that filed my taxes in like an hour because I had basic forms and poof, taxes are done. Does I need the DBA and register with my city? I see I can apply for the EIN online but I wonder if I need the DBA first or one or both. Any help would be appreciated.

Is there a certain criteria these AN look for in a website? Do I need to turn up a VPS already in order to build a site? I was trying my best to not start to dump finances into various tools until I absolutely needed them. Are there alternatives?

Any help that can be provided is very appreciated. Thank you.

You can get an EIN in a personal name (still)? if not a DBA is $5 or $10 usually at your county clerk's office.
That is Employers ID Number. TIN is a taxpayer ID Number (Social Security Number) that will work in the US with a W-9.

You can usually get accepted with a long term established social media presence or a record of successful advertising or CPC/PPC.

Here's the thing; Only 10~% of affiliates make any money with your program if you allow low qualification signups -- they don't work out for many reasons.

Affiliate Manager support costs money. You should have a business website and a domain email (not gmail or some public mail address --that's not very professional looking). Don't try to start at the top if you don't have a bank roll. Try half a dozen programs (networks) maybe you will get accepted in a few.

You can get an EIN in a personal name (still)? if not a DBA is $5 or $10 usually at you county clerk's office.
That is Employers ID Number TIN is a taxpayer ID Number (Social Security Number) that will work in the US with a W-9.
Thank you.

I was confused. I can apply for an EIN on the IRS website. Is that what you're referring to?
Do I need the DBA at the clerk's office?
Do I need both? EIN and DBA?

Here's the thing; Only 10~% of affiliates make any money with your program if you allow low qualification signups -- they don't work out for many reasons.

Can you explain this a bit further? This in particular "Only 10~% of affiliates make any money with your program if you allow low qualification signups"

Affiliate Manager support costs money. You should have a business website and a domain email (not gmail or some public mail address --that's not very professional looking). Don't try to start at the top if you don't have a bank roll. Try half a dozen programs (networks) maybe you will get accepted in a few.

So you're saying my first step should be to make a nice website and domain based email address before applying to networks?

I was confused. I can apply for an EIN on the IRS website. Is that what you're referring to?
Yes, I got one in my own name years ago -- I have more than one DBA see if you can apply in your own name still --KISS don't over-complicate things.
Can you explain this a bit further? This in particular "Only 10~% of affiliates make any money with your program if you allow low qualification signups"
I have signed up for many programs myself and done nothing for many reasons. When I had overview of an affiliate program with 5000~ signups we had about 500~ active affiliates (earning income) that's where I got that 10%. I am sure it varies by platform and time range --However, I only know from what I have seen --I doubt anyone will put their records on the table to back any rebuttal :D It should be noted that we moderated joins at that time and had a reasonable expectation but the criterion were rather lose ...
So you're saying my first step should be to make a nice website and domain based email address before applying to networks?
Define *nice* LOL that's wide open ... You sound like you need some marketing strategy to present. What I mean by that is; how you intend to do business and your overall method of addressing the market to get referrals. That is what I would want to see if I was the one approving your application (at a minimum).

banners
Back