The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

vBulletin 3.7?

Meti

affiliate
Hey,

I've been watching vBulletin since monday their latest version is still under BETA stage and I love what I am seeing, though there are a few features that wouldn't work on larger communities, however today I noticed vB has been considering that and developed further features in order to avoid any misabuse of the latest features.

What is your view? Do you think these features are worth upgrading to?

Have a look at a complete list of the new features here.

- Meti

Definitely worth upgrading, especially if you are trying to build a community, not just a resource site.

They have some great features there. I have not upgraded to VBulletin and still using PHPBB. May upgrade when the new version is released :)

GKD, your forum has really grown I strongly suggest you make the $140 investment and go for vb when you are ready, it will really take a lot of pain associated with phpBB off your shoulders. I started this forum with phpBB too, I had a lot of fun doing battles with spammers and looking for hacks and stuff.

Thanks Temi

I will be upgrading soon and I agree PHPBB is a pain when it comes to Spammers. I have applied hacks which reduces spammers a little but it is still a pain keeping them away

We have already planned for our forum to upgrade to new version as soon as it is launched. Adnan has reviewed it technically and found it really very interesting and useful as compare to the current version. We are just waiting for the launch :)

I see that most of you're expecting this release, so am I. However, what's your view if larger boards upgraded to this version, do you believe they could manage, or would they be forced to disable some of the features?

- Meti

Most of the time half of installed features not being used anyway. I think if you carefully select what you really need - you should be able to manage...

I've been looking at vbulletin for a while now. I'm still using phpbb. I like it but i hate installing mods and all that crap. And i used their demo and i like it.! i will be converting but when i have time to do all that

I've been looking at vbulletin for a while now. I'm still using phpbb. I like it but i hate installing mods and all that crap. And i used their demo and i like it.! i will be converting but when i have time to do all that

Converting from phpBB to vBulletin couldn't be any easier, with the ImpEx package available over at vBulletin things are really easy!

- Meti

ah yea sorry guys. Yea someday i will change to vbull. I heard its easy to convert from phpbb so...

My conversion a few years ago took about 30 minutes, and that included the FTP session (had to remove all files and manually upload every folder to the root)

Regards,
Meti

banners
Back