The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

phpbb vs vbulletin

Traffiker

affiliate
I have a phpbb forum and it seems I am constantly having to add mods. Example - advertisement mod, post requirement mod and anti spam mod.

I was wondering if vbulletin requires mods for these types of things.:sorry:

vBulliten doen't have everything built into it. You will need to modify vBulletin as well you know however it is easier to modify. If your thinking of changeing forum I'd suggest IPB3 as it's far more advanced than both vb and phpbb. For example it has an inbuilt SEO and an install mod hook that allow's you to easily import mods among many other features.

VBulletin contains many built-in features you dont need to install..
unlike PHPBB you need to install all of the mods by ur self..
but I've seen many versions of phpbb includes many mods..I think some people or programmers done that. to make it easier for users..

If you are looking for free forum then I recommend PhpBB and SMF. But if you are looking for good support and lots of premium features then VBulletin is the best.

VB ofcourse but we cant compare each other VB really diffrent which not only forum system. You can do what ever you want with VB...

vbulletin is the most powerful forum software . It has built all features in it. It offers Content publishing, search, security, and more. Moreover it can be run on any machine that can support PHP and MySQL.

vBulletin has all this built into it, you just need to activate them

Agree. While I loved phpbb a lot, it could not handle all the spam that was coming on to my forum. Switching to vb seems to have reduced the spam to some extent. Actually Vb offers you a lot of controls you can use to get rid of spammers. Someone has rightly said that you get what you pay for! ;)

phpbb is the worst forum software ever... i used it just for 2 days and removed it... Adding our own links in the header is just another nightmare... not so user friendly....i use punbb.... looks good and easy to use....

MI
Back