Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Utilize The Psychology of Persuasion to Increase Conversion

D

djbaxter

How to Utilize The Psychology of Persuasion to Increase Conversion Rates
by Talia Wolf, KISSMetrics
Retrieved September 2015

To increase revenue we have to get to know our customers better, understand their emotional triggers, and most importantly their decision making process. Once we understand our customers better we can run meaningful AB tests, build better user journeys and increase revenues across the board.

One of the most influential books on this topic is called Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. Published In 1984 by Dr. Cialdini, it is a massively important book for every marketer. After three decades its value and lessons are considered fundamental to any marketing strategy. The main focus of the book is Cialdini’s six principles of how to influence people and address their emotional needs. In this article we’ll take look at these principles and how we can leverage them to turn visitors into customers.

Read more...

I've worn out 3 print copies of the book this information is based on. It's the gospel of influence on others in marketing and life in general.

Great find.

There are also plenty of TED talks on this topic and I highly recommend watching them. These principles are essential when it comes to marketing and every marketer should be familiar with them.

This is a very good article that everyone who sells something should read it.
Also, the most important thing when selling something is placing yourself in the shoes of your customers.
I always tell my affiliates to treat the clients how they would like to be treated themselves.

banners
Back