The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Using smartlink vs specific offer for traffickjunky?

mafiso

affiliate
Hello. i am newbie in affiliate marketing. i have question should i use smartlink on traffickjunky on or should i go towards one offer with a prelander. My network only gives smartlink and does not provide ability to choose offers.

Hello. i am newbie in affiliate marketing. i have question should i use smartlink on traffickjunky on or should i go towards one offer with a prelander. My network only gives smartlink and does not provide ability to choose offers.

if you want to Buy Banner clicks you will need a Specified Offer.

i don't know what results you can get with Smartlink but you must test it. :)

Hi, I don't recommend smart link to target on any source of traffic as you will not be able to make what offer and what worked for you, So i recommend trying individual offers, If you want to get direct high converting offers then try clickwinks.

Smartlink can work really good for mixed website and social media traffic. In my opinion, it is not the best option for ad network traffic, if you cannot optimise it in accordance with your stats, or can check out which offers work better and then drive your traffic on them directly.

This is always an interesting topic: Smart link vs. Single offers.

We get this question allot from our promoters. Whether you should use a static link (single offer) or smart link really depends on the wishes of the affiliate and the type of traffic. For some affiliates it will be more profitable to use a smart link, while others might think a static link works better for them. The only tip I can give you is to take both methods into consideration and do some split testing.

Smart link
For example when you use the smart link from Traffic Company, the payouts are variable, this is because within our smart link we have 45k offers worldwide. All good performing offers like offers with caps, time targets, special flows etc. Your traffic always goes to the best offer available with the highest ECPM. And because we have so many offers, we can convert your traffic worldwide, in all geo's.

Single offers
When you use single offers the payout is fixed and you know exactly what you target. This allows affiliates to create a perfectly matched prelander for each offer. There a several product types for which it’s very important to create the right user flow to increase conversion rates. Like I said, the smart link can lead to many different offers, making it impossible to create a consistent flow.

On our blog we have a really nice post about this topic. Definitely worth reading:

Static Links vs. Smart links

There are several ways of seeing things when it comes to choosing between a Smartlink and a Single Offer:
- The Smartlink has a multitude of offers behind it and can convert mixed traffic better, while also being optimized to only send the traffic to the best converting offers. Also, it's the easiest one to use for an affiliate.
- Single offers are better for high quality targetted traffic. If you have traffic that is carrier/geo/OS targetted, then it's wise to try single offers due to several reasons: predictable payouts, predictable offer, better matching to your inventory, etc.

So here comes the question: are you sure all the traffic you're going to buy is targetted?

We actually came across this issue some time ago and that's why we created the HybridLink. No sales pitch in play, but the HybridLink acts as a smartlink for which YOU choose the offers, rules, caps and which is easily customizable at any time. To show your results, it also features a free tracker which is updated every 10 minutes.

So if you're thinking about your options, it's useful to know that you're also presented with a third, just in case you felt stuck :) good luck

MI
Back