The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Using numbers on domain name

Vinaya.Ghimire

How good is it to use number on domain name in regard to SEO? I have a domain name idea, please suggest which one will stand out on search engine?

100xyz.com or hundredxyz.com

Well, I've read before that having numbers on the domain name can be a huge downside. It can be confusing for potential audience if a domain has a number in it, is it spelled or is it written in numeric form? This can be a problem when you're verbally promoting your site, you would have to tell the other person that it's in numeric form. So to cut down the confusion, I'd advice you to just avoid numbers in general.

So with those choices, I'd pick hundredxyz.com, since it's the non-numerical choice. It is easier to memorise and it's all alphabets, which is the better choice. Good luck!

Five or so year ago I had a blog whos domain name was very long. It also had hyphens and numbers. I didn't believe anyone could memorize that URL but was surprised to notice that some people would use it as their search term when they wanted to find my blog.

What I learned from that is this: it doesn't really matter whether your domain names has numbers, hyphens, etc. As long as people like the content you post on your site, they'll find your it.

Characters > numbers. But usually with bookmarking and the browser to auto-fill based on your recent searches, it might not be too big of an issue. With good content people will remember!

Five or so year ago I had a blog whos domain name was very long. It also had hyphens and numbers. I didn't believe anyone could memorize that URL but was surprised to notice that some people would use it as their search term when they wanted to find my blog.

What I learned from that is this: it doesn't really matter whether your domain names has numbers, hyphens, etc. As long as people like the content you post on your site, they'll find your it.

I am going to cash on your idea.I have also been told that these days search engines are smart and recognize 100 and hundred as same. I think letters will make my domain long,this I am trying numbers

As a touch typist, I find numbers to be a lot more effort to accurately type out than letters. I would rather type out "hundred" than "100", despite the later being shorter.

Words are by far more memorable than numbers, have you ever tried memorizing a phone number from a radio or TV commercial? I bet you couldn't do it unless they used letters instead of numbers to spell out something memorable (eg. HOT-NITE or 468-6483).

The only time I have seen numbers work well as a domain is if it is an extremely memorable phone number. Remember when those cheap calling numbers like 31-10-10 were really popular? Their domain would be 31-10-10.com.

I think letters are the good choice for remembering a domain name. And i always prefers letters in a domain name....

most people using numbers on domain is because, country like China, not much people are educated so using number as the domain is alot they surfers easy to remember the website address.

MI
Back