Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Using FAQ Pages To Capture Organic Search Traffic

D

djbaxter

Using FAQ Pages To Capture Organic Search Traffic
SEO.com Blog
Mar 25, 2009

I wanted to craft some FAQ pages on a few of my personal websites and find out if I could easily generate laser targeted traffic to my sites without much effort on my part. Using the Google Keyword Tool, I found questions that are being searched for in the industries that I am targeting with my sites and created FAQ pages using these search phrases. In addition to the questions, I would add about a paragraph or more of keyword rich content in reply to each question.

After crafting about five questions for each site, I stopped and built a few links to the page to get it indexed quickly. To do this, I used Propeller, a social bookmarking site. I have found that by adding a link to a new page in Propeller, it usually gets indexed in about 4-6 hours. I left the sites alone for the rest of the night and logged into Google Analytics in the morning. Not expecting to see anything different, I was amazed to see that I had gotten traffic from all of those questions in the last 10 hours or so.

...more

Thanks for posting this. Just goes to show that every page and paragraph should have a purpose. And I've never heard of propeller. So whole new worlds opened up today!

Hi,

That's realy an interesting article. It's really a good idea to create FAQ page and to generate good traffic in a different way. And, I think we can get idea what people are searching.

MI
Back