The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Understanding what you're marketing?

jprinz

affiliate
Yes i am new to this whole thing. I am a college student off for the summer and its funny i have seen alot of good stuff about the affiliate marketing thing being quite successful. However i dont understand alot of things yet, considered buying aloks ebook about how to do it but afraid it could be another trap of a scam like alot of the products affiliates are promoting through things like clickbank. What i dont understand as i signed up for clickbank and researched some of this so far is that the prodcuts on clickbank are not actually any physical product sites you can promote through affiliate marketing? You are only promoting vertual prodcuts most of which are scams? Its like the person who looks apon the working from home oppurtunity and comes across how to be a millionaire in 12 months or how to work for google (which is scam), the person having no money decides yea maybe i can really become rich off something such as this. However the site, blog or whatever it may be is only pumping them to spend 3.00-100$ on a virtual prodcut? Maybe i am just not fully understanding it. But i thought there would be real websites promoting real products. Maybe im wrong, because there is only the people that are down on their luck and looking for an answer that end up finding these ebook schemes. Yes there are a few good things out there to represent such as how to learn spansih, german ect. programs that may be legit. However most seem far from legit, that makes the majority of the people looking at these (the smart people anyways) know not to buy a virtual product/ ebook online when they can go to any software/computer store and actually buy the product that they know is legit?

Any response would be appreciated, Thanks John

Hi John,

You've come across Clickbank one of hundreds of networks and the biggest for info products and ebooks.

You are right there are LOTS of legitimate 'real' products being sold through affiliate programs. Almost every major retailer has an affiliate program, even Walmart! 2 of the biggest affiliate networks that carry 'real' products are Commission Junction and Google Affiliate Network. After you join you can search and find guitars, fishing lures, furniture, baby strollers, insurance, you name it.

So you have just seen one small part of the market. And do be careful for all the "get rich quick" ebooks. You can find most of the information for free in forums like ours.

Read all the stickies in the newbie forum for some great FREE advice before you go too much further. They will help you figure out the best way to get started.

Understanding what you are marketing can give you a big leg-up. What many do not realize is affiliate programs sometimes have free samples to give to their marketers so they can understand the product better and give real testimonials.

A little advice, not related to your question... use your "Enter" key on your keyboard when you finish a paragraph. It will make everything easy to read and won't scare away half of the people who just entered the page...

You see? like this...

Do it especially when you write content to your website.

Good luck.

A little advice, not related to your question... use your "Enter" key on your keyboard when you finish a paragraph. It will make everything easy to read and won't scare away half of the people who just entered the page...

You see? like this...

Do it especially when you write content to your website.

Good luck.

Amen Dan! I stopped reading this inquiry once I saw the "big blob" of text presented...my eyes hurt too much :eek:

Generally whenever you see promises such as 100% profits and "secret ways" to become a millionaire - run! You are absolutely right that there is tones of scam online and most people know how to avoid it. There are, of course, other bunch that is to eager to make fast money.

As an affiliate, however, you should try to promote products that indeed work. This way you will get conversions and receive trust and respect of the visitors.

As for using ENTER - yes, that would be highly appreciated :)

lol Thanks. Yea i only research it a couple hours a day and learn new things, or a few hours. Until i start seeing real money from this im not going to go all out on it. Plus at the rate of learning more i can only handle so much learning with all the different opinions, BS ect.

Thanks John, and oh yes ill try and remember to hit enter for you affiliate blog experts.

lol Thanks. Yea i only research it a couple hours a day and learn new things, or a few hours. Until i start seeing real money from this im not going to go all out on it. Plus at the rate of learning more i can only handle so much learning with all the different opinions, BS ect.

Thanks John, and oh yes ill try and remember to hit enter for you affiliate blog experts.

Don't just do it for us jprinz, do it in ALL your communication.

You have 3 seconds to grab someone's attention...and about 30 seconds to keep it once you have gotten it.

If you have a big blob of text all run together, CLICK!, off to another site someone will go (or to another forum post). ;)

MI
Back