“Adsterra”/ “AdsKeeper”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Types of Web Hosting

Discussion in 'Domains and Hosting' started by neoflip, Feb 6, 2013.

1. neoflip

neoflip Affiliate affiliate

Types of Web Hosting
    There are many people who are want to host them site but they don't know about various types of web hosting. For that purpose, I would like share different types of web hosting.

1. Free Web Hosting:Free web hosting services are free of cost and can come in a packages offered by the web hosts.
    2. Cheap / Budget Web Hosting:This kind of hosting is different from free hosting as website owners or client need to pay a very nominal fee to the web hosts. These are also cheaper than the standard hosting services.
    3. Shared Web Hosting:The basic idea behind shared web hosting is distributing the web server among multiple websites.
    4. Dedicated Web Hosting:The website is hosted in a single server dedicated for that client only.
    5. Colocated Web Hosting:Co location refers to "co-location". This is a solution which enables a user to place (locate) his/her own web server within the premises of a web hosting service provider.
    6. Managed web hosting: Managed hosting is just a step ahead than the dedicated hosting.
    7. Reseller Web Hosting:The account owner can make use of his/her allotted bandwidth and hard drive space to host their websites on behalf of third parties.

2. Voluum
  3. trentz

trentz Affiliate affiliate

Just when I was starting my journey to internet marketing, I kept moving to diffirent webhosting company and have tried free hosting, shared and VPS. Just as I earn everyday using webhost affiliates, I have learned few of the kinds that might work for beginners. here's a link that might give you a better understanding if you ever want to check when picking a webhost for yur site. http://itechtalks.net/how-to-pick-out-the-best-web-hosting/

4. Dean Reacher

Dean Reacher Affiliate affiliate

I don't think free/cheap web hosting falls under as "types" of web hosting. Also, you forgot VPS (Virtual Private Server).

I would reorganize the list as so:
    1. Shared Web Hosting: A part of a server dedicated for hosting several websites; thus shared.
    2. Reseller Web Hosting: Same as shared web hosting, except the ability of creating (child) shared hosting accounts.
    3. VPS: A part of a server dedicated just for you, not shared. It's practically a smaller version of a dedicated server.

5. sb123

sb123 Affiliate affiliate

I would like to add a new type of web hosting to the above hosting types:

Cloud hosting: it is the most popular hosting type now a days.

Then there are these types of hosting too:
    Clustered web hosting and Grid web hosting.

6. BigJ

BigJ Affiliate affiliate

What type of hosting is everybody using right now? (I suppose it depends on what you're doing online but this should make for good conversation as well)

7. Canadian Lover

Canadian Lover Affiliate affiliate

This is useful web host information. I had paid hosting a long time ago with iPowerweb before free web hosting caught on only once and since then and I have to say that free hosting is for websites that have just gone online, and this way, you are not paying hosting fees and can make money from AdSense.

8. jacktheking

jacktheking Affiliate affiliate

Thanks! I never knew about some webhosting meaning yesterday. Well, but today..

9. stiflex

stiflex Affiliate affiliate

Thanks for this, this is really useful for people not knowing what these terms mean. Thank you again! :)

10. protoboard

protoboard Affiliate affiliate

Would you recommend free webhosting or cheap / budget hosting for a new blog? Are the cheap hosting companies reliable?

11. RedSkyez

RedSkyez Affiliate affiliate

I'm using HawkHost it's cheap and reliable. I would suggest everyone who's looking for a host to use it.

12. CodeMaster67

CodeMaster67 Affiliate affiliate

Then you forgot the option to host a website via your own computer though it is a pain sometimes but totally worth it if you want to do something your host restricts.

13. protoboard

protoboard Affiliate affiliate

Yes, but keep in mind that it may be more expensive to host your site on your own computer because you'll have to keep it running all day long and also you'll have to get a real good Internet connection.

If you want to run your site without much restrictions you can go with a VPS. That way you'll have entire control of the server. It will be a virtual one but it will still be yours to play around and you can get some pretty cool deals from sites like http://www.lowendbox.com

14. Stuti

Stuti Affiliate affiliate

There are some great replies for web hosting site. I think cloud hosting too is one of the popular web hosting techniques. I recently launched my website with some free Indian hosting website, Host Gator...and one can make a basic website but it can become a money making website, for a beginner like me I think it is the best option.

15. Cloudcandy sales

Cloudcandy sales Affiliate affiliate

Yes I also feel that the free web hosting & cheap web hosting shouldn't be included in types of web hosting.

16. Siraj Mahmood

Siraj Mahmood Affiliate affiliate

VPN, Shared , Dedicated, etc

17. sharfi

sharfi Affiliate affiliate

My hosting provider offers shared hosting as well as reseller, SSD VPS and dedicated servers.

18. parm8881

parm8881 Affiliate affiliate

can some one explain me how many types of web hosting

19. hmb-willem

hmb-willem Affiliate affiliate

Hello,

Mainly there are two types of hosting and they are as follows :

1. Free hosting
    2. paid hosting

These types are then divided in many parts like

Shared hosting
    Reseller hosting
    linux VPS hosting
    Windows VPS hosting
    Dedicated servers
    Image hosting
    Wordpress hosting and many more.

20. SenseiSteve

SenseiSteve Affiliate affiliate

I've also seen Joomla, Drupal, Moodle, cPanel, Plesk, ZenCart and osCommerce hosting. Plus master reseller packages.

21. RadWebHosting

RadWebHosting Affiliate affiliate

One good option is Cloud Web Hosting and Cloud Servers

MI