The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Trowe from Atlanta

Trowe

I am part of that 98% that are struggling to make it online.
The thing that gets me so frustrated is, I’m sure the help and the knowledge is out there somewhere but it always at a cost just to get a simple answer to resolve a problem, to market their products.

Everyone says once you’ve found your niche and target market you must market to it to get the traffic to visit your site, and that’s where the ball starts to drop.

The people that already know how to market effectively, what steps you need to take, and this is how you do it, for some reason they don’t want to complete the process.
They will say “you can put ad sense on your web page, they may even show you how to do a basic install of Blogger or Word Press. And then say insert your ad sense code here and leave it at that. I’m looking for the truly complete training which in turns help both parties.

There is a lot more to the story than that and the people that are struggling are struggling with the same problem the instructions on how to market at any given stage is always cut short because the person providing the information feels that if they go too far, “what the person may know more or be more successful than they are, what?”

Example: I received training on setting up Word Press on my domain. It was very good at explaining how to download, upload, extract, delete zip, go back to my blog page and activate the plug in, now on to the next stage.

Think about it just for a second, what’s missing, how to configure the plug in, where to turn should you have difficulty from this point on with the install, what and how to use the plug in, where to position the plug in so that it will be effective.

Somebody tell me you feel my pain.
I installed a plug in, activated it, but when it came to configuring it, the message just says “Please switch to Firefox /Safari” that’s all nothing else. Now I turn to the provider of a product that I purchased and asked for directions, they can’t provide it because it’s a Word Press Problem. I turn to Word Press, can’t find an answer or help there, post it on their forum no help there. So I turn to Firefox and go through the same process.

This product is part of the marketing process, right. It could be use in many ways, if I am attempting to market a product and run into this type of problem continually is it any reason why I would not be frustrated and part of the 98% struggling.

I not suggesting that any one person is responsible for all the training a person would need, but at the same time somewhere on the internet the missing parts should be and probably are there and the people in need of that information have no idea how to find it.

Another example: If I am told and I am a lot, here are some free sources. You should market on forums and market with articles. Now in my short time online I know that there is more to the process than that. You don’t just write an article about a subject, post it at an article directory and that’s all there is to it. But the professional marketers could very easily state show an example of what you should and should not do to market at the article directory, but they don’t, why? If they did the person would know what to do and move on from there, and if they run into a problem they could look back at the source of information and find out what they should not have done.

Sure I know I should or can market on Twitter, and probably twitter has the rules to how one should conduct themselves at their location, perhaps also have a statement on what is or is not allowed. But is there anywhere there that show a person what is allowed, and how to do it? I was there once and saw an ad that should not have been there, I know because I had saw an example somewhere. The person who posted the ad got such a quick lashing from several people stating that, that type of advertising was not allowed and should be removed now. I felt sorry for the lady who put it up there. After that whipping, I did not see a follow up posting on the subject maybe she was to afraid to return. My point is someone probably just told her to market using Twitter and left it at that.

That my fellow future marketers is why I’m here, I was surfing a couple of weeks ago and ran into an article by Sugar Rae that she Posted some time ago. I loved the straight talk she gave not holding much back. So I saved this URL so when I finished the project I was working on I could return and here I am.

My question in all of this is where can anyone turn to get the training they need on a topic without it costing an arm and a leg, because now when they do buy into some programs they receive part of the process, because the provider wants to save the missing components to sell something else later, that’s just not right.

If this post is not in the right place or on the wrong topic, I'm sorry, I just got here.

Sorry about the vent everyone, as I mentioned that's why I am here, I was impressed the first time I visited.
I'm really easy going.

Hi Trowe,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. In part it's because lots of people who are trying to sell you junk, make it sound like its easy to get rich in your underwear if only you knew their special secret trick. And some teach you just enough to get you hooked then try to sell you the rest of the answer.

I wish I could point you to a resource that could teach you everything step by step, but there are too many different ways to do this business, so many times you have to get the info you need in pieces, then work to try to fit it all together.

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started. We don't allow anyone to try to sell you anything and we don't try to sell you anything either so it's pure good intentioned advice.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

If that's your idea of a vent, I think you'll do just fine here. That was mild compared to a few we've seen. :)

Trowe, I'm fairly experienced with WordPress and quite a few plug-ins. If you'd like to tell us which version of Wordpress you're using and the name of the plg-in, I'll see what I can do (for free).

banners
Back