The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Travel Market Oversaturated or...

Klaas Koopman

affiliate
Hi Stars,

My dream would be to be succesful in Affiliate Marketing and then specially in the Travel Industry (holidays etc). But now my question, is this market oversaturated, so to many people willing to do this, or is there still some space left for a new guy!

I know I would have to find small ( or even very small ) niches to even make a bit of money.

But I can't even find a good domain name, so don't even speak of me finding a great niche to go into!

Any tips/hints would be fantastic!

what offers would you be promoting in the travel sector?

Some basic keyword research should give you some niche ideas.

what offers would you be promoting in the travel sector?

Some basic keyword research should give you some niche ideas.

Dear Rob,

Thank you for replying to my topic.

I have tried some basic keyword research and notice most keywords I can come up with are oversaturated and almost impossible to get in.

Therefor I do not know what offers I would be promoting or even what keywords to go for!

Dear Rob,

I understand and trying ofcourse, since this is what I want ( and if I want something I go for it ). But what I am asking is for some advice, tips, hints or something alike!

what keywords are you looking at?

of course you won't rank for "cheap hotels" (for example)

But I think it would be reasonably easy to rank for "cheap hotels jacksonville" (and another 2000 medium sized, unfamous cities)

In fact the top 10 results for that term are far from impossible to catch. A couple of PR 2 and 3s and none is specifically optimised for the keyword "cheap hotels jacksonville"

Just an idea.

Dear Rob,

Thanks for those keywords and information, it's a great help! I know i'm asking alot but could you perhaps also help me with finding a good domain name for a general travel website? If so please pm me! If not I understand!

Dear Rob,

Thank you again for taking the time to reply. I have tried thesaurus and mydomainfriend quite alot of times, but they end up with thesame domains I have in my head, which are all registered...

Klaas, it might be difficult to find what you might want but it is far from impossible.

I use GoDaddy as my registrar so I am familiar with what they do. Others might also have something like this.

Go to their site Internet Domain Name Registration, Domain Transfers. Your domain name search starts here.

You will see something that says Domain Name Search. You enter the domain you want. It will tell you if it is available or not. But if it isn't available they will give you lots of suggestions, and I do mean lots of them that are available.

I put in mousenose.com just as a test. It wasn't available. But look at just some of what was suggested that is available:

mousenose.net
mousenose.org
mousenose.biz
mousenose.us
mousenose.info
mousenose.ws
mousesnose.com
ratnose.com
mousebeak.com
mousenoseonline.com
mousenosehome.com
mousenosesite.com
mousenoseweb.com
mousenoselive.com
mousenoseblog.com
bestmousenose.com
newmousenose.com
mymousenose.com
themousenose.com
officialmousenose.com

This is just some of them. There are several more listed plus they also have "see other domains like this" which gives you a lot more.

You can do this with any domain name you want. Each time you will be shown a large number of suggested names that are available if what you want isn't. If you do this often enough with enough names it would be very difficult not to find something that you like.

Here's a hot tip Klaas...

I own 5starHotelSearch.com which is a really good one. Too bad it's just sitting there and I've done nothing with it. I have lots of good ones like that, but no time.

Anyway I used to own several other 5 star travel related domains and when I was searching found lots of combinations. I think I had 5starResortHotels.com and some other good ones I sold in a bundle to some guys that had a bunch of other 5 Star domains.

So try 5 Star in front of a bunch of different KW combos and I think you can find a good one. :)

The other thing in the past I've had good luck with is to put 4 in front of KW. 4besttraveldeals etc.

(NOW aren't you glad I made you post this in public and didnt answer your questions by PM?
Look at all the help you are getting!)

Thanks Rob for all your help.
If anyone here knows the travel biz it's you.

Warning...

If you find a really good one you want - register it right away.
I have heard of some registrars and domain tools that have poached a good KW domain seconds after the searcher discovered it.

MI
Back