Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Transitioning from Google Reader to feedly

D

djbaxter

Transitioning from Google Reader to feedly
by @feedly
March 14, 2013

Google announced today that they will be shutting down Google Reader. This is something we have been expecting for some time: We have been working on a project called Normandy which is a feedly clone of the Google Reader API ? running on Google App Engine. When Google Reader shuts down, feedly will seamlessly transition to the Normandy back end. So if you are a Google Reader user and using feedly, you are covered: the transition will be seamless.

If you are a Google Reader, give feedly a try before July 1st, and you will be able to migrate seamlesly:

Feedly for iOS
Feedly for Android
Feedly for Chrome
Feedly for Firefox

hm, I'm a Google Reader user myself (just a user, personal blogs, I'm not a third party developer). I haven't looked into feedly yet, thanks for that info. Most of my friends were just suggesting moving what I had into another reader. A lot of people suggested Newsblur but it looks like they've suspended free accounts for the moment- probably due to the influx of new users.
I feel like they're opposite business strategies:
Giant Influx of users from Google reader
Newsblur: stops free accounts "who are all you people, where did you come from"
Feedly: "Come on over, we've even set up a seamless transition!"

I bet Newsblur will get on it though and open up.

The other suggestion I've heard of is NetVibes, some of the business owners I know use this but they pay for a wider service.

This one was a long time coming. Almost everyone knew that Google was going to flop this one, it is definitely one of the the better ideas that they had in mind.

MI
Back