The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Traffic versus Targeted Traffic

Nelle

affiliate
I have an established blog that I've just started to monetize. After adding adsense to it and not having many clicks, I began to realize that while I have lots of traffic, it isn't necessarily traffic that wants to buy something.

So I have begun the process of reoptimizing (who am I kidding the blog wasn't really ever optimized) for targeted traffic that's looking for a good or service.

Most of what I have done has been based on my reading and learning here.

First I spent some quality time with my favorite keyword tool brainstorming about what folks might want to click on in the travel sector. It's a subtle shift between just "informing" and "informing & selling." I also read several travel magazines to see what people were selling here.

Second, I downloaded Yoast's Seo Title Tag and Breadcrumb plug-ins so I could optimize my posts, tags, categories, and pages. That has taken a bit of time.

Third, I made sure that I linked between similar posts and I added static pages geared toward folks planning vacations. I followed a the advice given here about where to put my important keywords etc.

Fourth, I add 3 to 4 posts a day, with about 350 words in each post. Luckily something is always going on and changing so there's lots to post about! But now I do focus a bit more on the actively planning vacation crowd.

Fifth, and this is what I've really learned here. I have written 3 squidoo lenses this week and linked them with the proper keywords back to my site. I've made a list of about 25 lenses I should eventually write and the keywords each will focus on. I'm sure that list will grow.

Sixth, I've submitted my blog to a ton of directories.

Before visiting here I would probably have started a new blog out of frustration. But now I see I haven't even come close to having this blog reach it's potential. I've already seen an increase in adense revenue. Nope it's not big at all, but it's a step in the right direction

I'm not pretending to be an expert or anything. And I'm not suggesting that you guys follow my lead. But I thought I would share the steps I'm taking.

Nelle

Nelle,

You are doing a great job and it's admirable you are sharing all your steps with us. You are doing things right!

Remember there is usually a delayed reaction - so many of the improvements you've made could start to pay off next week or even next month, but you should continue to see a gradual improvement.

Thank you Linda.

My To Do list has become quite long, since I've been hanging out here!

What I've really started to understand is how much Google expects you to do to promote your site. And how important it is to become an active member in your "neighborhood."

It's a good thing I really enjoy my niche and writing about it!

Nelle

It is never too late to monetize. At least you know that something goes wrong.
It is time for you to do something.

Rather than you restart the whole process.
3 cheers for you.

WOW That is great in how you are doing that. I am just starting out and learning as I go. I find this forum provides some great answers and questions that have been already going through my head.

I know this is off topic, but is there a post that explains what Rss is?:eek:

Nelle I wish you well as you continue your journey and thank you for sharing;)

I have RSS feeds on all of my blogs and I've monetized them with google adsense. I've even taken the step of explaining what RSS is to people and why it's good. I've made the RSS button bigger. But no one is subscribing. It might be the topic, or it might be that RSS isn't for the masses yet. But if it ever does get popular, I'm ready!

banners
Back