The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Tracking Keywords with MaxBounty and LeadImpact

leungf

affiliate
Hello,

My name is Frank and I am new to affiliate marketing.

I would like to ask about tracking keywords.

I am running a campaign on MaxBounty and getting traffic from LeadImpact. Now on the LeadImpact site, they give you code to track conversions that are supposed to be put according to the following instructions:

“You will want to have the conversion code placed on the HTML of the page that verifies a conversion, whether that is a "confirmation of sale" or "thank you" page. Within this page, it can be placed anywhere in the body of the page, although it must be placed before the closing tag.”

The example code is:

Code:
script src='https://cts.zroitracker.com/Conversion.aspx?cpid=xxxxxx'></SCRIPT>
"
(What you see above is just the script and not the surrounding html code. For some reason it is not displaying.)

I asked my AM to put this code on the respective page but he answered:

Hi Frank,

I can only place global pixels for you (which you can also do on your profile page in the Global Callback Pixel/ URL box).

However, you can place image pixels on any of our offer pages in the Callback Pixel/ URL box (middle of the page - Java Script pixels NOT compatible). There should be a “What’s this?” link beside these boxes that can help guide you through the process. Simply insert the “http” formatted URL into the box and it should work just fine.

If you need any more help, I'd be happy to provide it.

Thanks,
Now the callback pixel/url is supplied by MaxBounty and has things like sub-Ids which I don’t understand.

In fact I am getting confused about where I put this script. I know some keywords are converting and I need to know which one(s).

Thanks in anticipation for help.

Frank

It shouldn't be difficult to add javascript to any HTML page. However, I'm not familiar with either MaxBounty or LeadImpact - it's possible the software they are using is restrictive.

How much does your affiliate manager know about HTML and building websites?

Hi Minstrel,

I am not sure how much my AM knows apart from what is in his reply.

I am going to call him tomorrow to find out.

I hope he knows more than me or it will be the blind leading the blind!

Frank

If he tells you he doesn't know how to do it, it should be, as I said, a simple matter - let us know and perhaps we can instruct you on how to do it yourself.

Hi Minstrel,

Just got this script from LeadImpact unforetunately I am not allowed to post it so can't show it to you.

I tried to enter it into the campaign but got a error message which again I am not allowed to post.

Could I email it to you so you can have a look at it?

Many thanks

Frank

Oh dear. Thanks for catching that one Kelly! I've been busy elsewhere and just stay logged in sometimes but am not reading everything like I used to have time to do. :p

banners
Back