The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Track Clicks as Conversions on Google Ads

iamb

Does anyone know how to achieve this please?

I am trying to track clicks on my site as conversions on google ads.

I mean i am sending google search ad clicks to my website. Then when they click on a button, I would like that action to be registered in google ad as a conversion.
I have followed google's instructions by installing all the relevant codes on my page but i am stuck with how to assign the onclick event to my button.

Here is the button I am trying to assign a code to. I am using Thrive Architect.

onclickv1.jpg

Here is the code google suggest using:
<button onclick="return gtag_report_conversion(‘http://example.com/your-link')">Submit</button>

When i do so, it creates a tiny button with a black background.

Does anyone know how to create the big green button as above (responsive) and assign the onclick event code?

Thank you for your help.

**ADDED
If the button size is the only issue
use the right CSS

There is one easy alternative I just thought of:
make a unique page/(POST) and button link for each ad.
then they till track by URL ok.

this is older 2015 so if G-A has changed something ...

That said;
Use a plugin Wordpress redirect of some sort.

• add a tracking 'token' to a link on your URL if you want the hits (clicks) out the redirect it to the offer G-A will show that.
  • if your G-A code was on the target cross-domain your tag on that foreign domain could be tracked. AJAX/xhr cross-site security

You can track clicks out (from your domain) this way but you cannot get the 'arrived' click on the foreign domain (the offer) for these reasons.
thank you. Let me try the css route and see. yes the button size and color is the only issue.

**ADDED
If the button size is the only issue
use the right CSS

There is one easy alternative I just thought of:
make a unique page/(POST) and button link for each ad.
then they till track by URL ok.

this is older 2015 so if G-A has changed something ...

That said;
Use a plugin Wordpress redirect of some sort.

• add a tracking 'token' to a link on your URL if you want the hits (clicks) out the redirect it to the offer G-A will show that.
  • if your G-A code was on the target cross-domain your tag on that foreign domain could be tracked. AJAX/xhr cross-site security

You can track clicks out (from your domain) this way but you cannot get the 'arrived' click on the foreign domain (the offer) for these reasons.

Last edited:
actually,
you can code the links with the UTM data of the ad dynamically but WordPress is spaghetti code
you would need to find a plugin to do this or pay a developer that works with WordPress to custom code.

then you would pass the data (URL parameters of the ad ID) to the offer stats if the offer will report the data back.

You want to know then an Google ads ad referral clicks the WordPress pages link to the offer?

WordPress is a poor choice for this.
In PHP or even HTML this might not be so hard.

WordPress 'pretty URL' rewrites are not your friend in this instance.

MI
Back