The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Torn between broadcast vs autoresponder for new subs

doomsmith

affiliate
For my existing subscribers I'm sending out an RSS feed digest email with the latest blog posts 1x/week, which only sends if there are new blog posts. When I have a new offer I pause the RSS email and dedicate the week to promoting the offer.

Going forward, I'm setting up an autoresponder for new subscribers. I'd like to do the above RSS emails the first 3 weeks, an offer the next week, and repeat until my offers are exhausted. However, Mailchimp is limited in its automation, at least without the $200/mo Pro option.

My options seem to be:

1. Send RSS broadcasts to all subs on Sundays, and the autoresponder offer email to new subs on one Tuesday a month with a followup on Thursday. This will lead to sending to new subs 2-3x in some weeks, which is a lot for my list.

2. Send RSS broadcasts 1x a week to existing subs and those who have completed the autoresponder sequence. New subs will not receive RSS emails at all and will receive an autoresponder sequence of 3 of my most popular blog posts, 1 offer, and repeated until I exhaust the offers. This is more controlled, but the disadvantage is new subs don't get my broadcasts with new posts until ~6 months later when they are done with the autoresponder.

What do you think? Any other possibilities?

MI
Back