The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Top UK Directories?

blacknight

Which UK directories are the best in terms of Google rank, traffic etc?

A lot of the ones I'm seeing mentioned here have little or no Google PR (less than 3 in many cases)

UK Directories

I think that only niche directories deliver any decent traffic - I have a couple that do well for the subscribers. The more niche they are the easier it is to deliver what the advertisers want and Google and the other SEs love niche directories and websites. It make their job easier. I think there is a list of general UK directories on here somewhere. What niche are you looking for? This is cut and pasted from my blog:

1. Does the website look professional or would a visitor hit the back button immediately?
  2. Is there evidence of editorial control? Are there typos in the entries or even worse irrelevant or inappropriate sites?
  3. Is the site indexed by Google and the other main search engines?
  4. Check some of the listings and see if any of the backlinks are being picked up by the search engines. e.g. use link:domain.com in Google.
  5. Can you do some basic Search Engine Optimisation on your entry - some features to look out for:
    • the ability to create a unique page for your site with 200 to 300 words of content, some sites allow you to create several pages.
    • configurable Meta Description and Title for your page(s).
    • the ability to use html in your entry to create links to your site with appropriate Anchor Text and the ability to add Heading Tags.
  6. Are the links”no-follow”? Or is a script used to track external click? If you don’t know how to check for this don’t worry, it would result in no results being picked up by the search engines above (see 4 above).

banners
Back