The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Too Good To Be True

thunder30

affiliate
Hi, new member here. Trying to find out if this system of sending out letters or using PayPal to make money is legit or not. Always states that it was proved to work on Oprah and 20/20. What is the truth?

If it sounds too good to be true it almost ALWAYS is!

Affiliate marketing is what we talk about here and AM is a legitimate way to make money.
If you are interested in learning, roll up your sleeves and dig into all the stickies in the newbie forum.

Yes, one can make money, perhaps a lot of money by Affiliate Marketing. However, it takes hard work, focus, and determination. AM is not a get rich quick scheme. That is why most newbies fail. They make one or two attempts at AM and do not make a sale in the first few days or weeks and they give up.

Perseverance is the key.

Good Luck!

There is definite money in Affiliate Marketing, and it is definitely work. You will eventually figure out ways to lessen the workload, but at first you need to do everything the hard way.

The good news about AM is that you can easily bootstrap your start. You can start with no money at all, but I strongly recommend you purchase a domain and webhosting so that any efforts you make link back to you. I am not against free solutions (I do use them myself), but in every case they link back to my money site/pages.

As Linda suggests, start with something you know and are passionate about. It makes for an easier start. Get something out there.

Learn new things constantly, but most importantly put these things into ACTION.

Beware of Information overload. There is a ton of great information on this website, and all over the web. Do not consume so much that it freezes your ability to take action.

Celebrate the small successes, especially the early ones. They are the foundations to your future. The early hurdles are the hardest ones to jump, so they deserve more celebration. I'm not saying that you throw a party or grill up a porterhouse steak, but relish in the victory.

For most people, actually making your first website is the first hurdle. Then it is writing your first article/starting your first PPC campaign/designing your first landing page. Then getting your first sale. Then getting weekly sales. From there daily sales. Then you just work down the track while raising your income.

Each hurdle you cross gives you more momentum to cross the next one. I will attest to the fact that landing that first sale will be all I needed to propel me forward, and many are like me. Simply because you need multiple sales to reach payouts in most cases. I can say that knowing that I have money sitting in a merchant account motivates me to work harder to get that check into my hands.

Affiliate Marketing has a great potential, giving you the chance to make a great deal of money.

As there are many programs out there, shop around and see which programs will suit your needs and desires.

Good luck to you, and if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask for help!

MI
Back