The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Official Today's Hack: 7 secrets of Reddit

Nizar Ali

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
PureVPN Affiliate Program
Very Positive or Very Negative posts perform significantly better than Neutral ones on Reddit

Datastories analyzed 4 million data points to see what makes it to the front page of Reddit:

#1. 5pm - 9pm PST is the hottest upvote time.

#2. Images get much more upvotes than text posts.

#3. Very Positive or Very Negative posts perform significantly better than Neutral ones.

#4. Text posts get more comments and stay on the front page longer.

#5. These 5 Sub-Reddits completely dominate the front page of Reddit: r/funny, r/pics, r/gifs, r/TodayILearned, r/gaming

#6. Putting a number in your headline increases chances of being among the top posts.

#7. Internal self-posts LIVE SIGNIFICANTLY LONGER than external posts.

Source: blog.datastories.com

Cheers,

I didn't know that very positive or negative Reddit posts are gaining the most popularity... It seemed to me there were no such detailed statistics... Although I love Reddit, I now participate in discussions on this site every day until I acquire an account with good karma. I could not participate in all popular subreddits, which infuriated me. Still, then a friend advised me to do so because moderators do not allow new users to be in popular subreddits because of spam. Many use Reddit as a place where you can advertise your business or product.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back