The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

ThreadWatch Closing - Can't Believe it

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I remember when Nick Wilson started ThreadWatch. It was the edgiest SEO blog around back then. I was a guest blogger for awhile and started the Affiliate/Internet Marketing blog there - it was fun! Then he sold it to Aaron Wall (SEOBook) who has been trying to keep it going but <strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.threadwatch.org/node/15907">just announced he's shutting the site down</a> </strong>on Friday for a variety of reasons. One of the reasons is that he has a new girlfriend taking up his time away from the site. <strong>Its ALWAYS the girlfriends fault!</strong>

<a target="_new" href="http://www.threadwatch.org/node/15907">Tons of comments</a> over there range from thinking this is a joke, to accusing Aaron of linkbait and some are calling it SELLbait. If I had any spare time and bandwidth I'd buy it! I'd love to get back into the SEO community which is where I started. He's had a couple SEO types say they would buy it.

Too much traffic to let that baby just die! I doubt it will go away, so we'll have to see what happens.

I understand that Jason Duke, who is sometimes known as JasonD and even Jason is trying to get something new together and get some of the ThreadWatch members to participate in that.

It looks as if there has been a lot of talk and some interest, but so far not much has happened.

I understand that Jason's wife is having some medical problems, so that could slow things a little.

Even if something new is started, it likely won't be the same as the original. But I guess we will just need to wait and see on this.

It is really interesting seeing all of the conspiracy theories and the many rumors that have been flying around.

ThreadWatch started to change when Nick Wilson sold it to Aaron Wall. That was to be expected since they are two different people with two different personalities.

That isn't to imply that Aaron Wall didn't do as good of a job as Nick Wilson. It is just that many of the people were attracted to it by the way Nick was doing it and it would be different no matter who became the new owner after Nick.

But a lot of other things were also changing during this time. RSS readers gained in popularity and new sources of information became available as well.

Whatever the reasons might have been, ThreadWatch wasn't as popular as it once was. There could have been other factors as well, but that was one of them.

Time will tell what the future holds, if anything, in relation to ThreadWatch.

I imagine that competition also has a hand to play in it. You can't spit without hitting a so called "SEO Expert" these days. A Internet surfer has many choices when it comes to which SEO blog he follows. There are so many that you can waste days trying to keep up on them all, even with a reader.

MI
Back