Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

PureLander

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Service Manager
AffKit Ninja
PureLander
Microsoft Windows (also referred to as Windows or Win) is a graphical operating system developed and published by Microsoft.

Why is it called WINDOWS?
Microsoft chose "Windows" because of the multiple windows that allow different tasks and programs to run at the same time.

Windows_logo_and_wordmark_-_2021.svg.png

Who is the founder of Windows OS?

Bill Gates ! (4th richest man in the world Aug 2021)
The original Windows 1 was released in November 1985 and was Microsoft's first true attempt at a graphical user interface in 16-bit. Development was spearheaded by Microsoft founder Bill Gates.

Bill-Gates.-via-social-media.jpg

Why is it so popular?
Because it has a wealth of tools and features etc. It's also user-friendly and very understandable.

Versions of Microsoft Windows :

Windows 1.0 : (November 1985)
It was a competitor with Apple's operating system, but achieved little popularity. It 1.0 is not a complete operating system; rather, it extends MS-DOS. Components included : Clock, Calculator, Calendar, Cardfile, Clipboard viewer, Control panel, Notepad, Paint, Reversi, Terminal, and Write.

Windows1.0.png

Windows 2.0 : (December 1987)
It was more popular than Windows 1.0, with several feature development and sophisticated keyboard shortcuts.

m_img_34950.jpg

Windows 3.0 (March 1, 1992)
With a new design and a protected mode, which gave the users access to several megabytes of memory without the obligation to participate in the software virtual memory scheme.

Windows_3.0_workspace.png

Windows 95 (August 24, 1995)
With replacing the (Program manager) with (the Start menu), and it introduced support for native 32-bits applications, plug and play hardware, preemptive multitasking, long file names of up to 255 characters, and provided increased stability over its predecessors.

Windows_95_Desktop_Update_screenshot.png

Windows 98 (June 25, 1998)
It introduced the Windows Driver Model and support for USB composite devices. Also included an integration of Internet explorer and Windows Media Player

ttfm2a02lxsz.png

Windows Me (September 14, 2000)
The last DOS-based version of Windows. It has faster boot times than previous versions. It included new programs : Windows Movie Maker and Windows Image Acquisition.

WindowsME.png

Windows XP (October 25, 2001)
It has got better performance over its DOS-based predecessors, it included developed versions of programs and streamlined multimedia and networking features.

2cdd-windows-xp-sp3-desktop.png

Windows Vista (November 30, 2006)
It included many new and developed features with a particular focus on security features.

Windows_Vista.png

Windows 7 (July 22, 2009)
While Windows Vista presented many new features, Windows 7 was intended to be a more focused, incremental upgrade to the Windows line, with the goal of being compatible with applications and hardware with which Windows Vista was already compatible.

Migrer-Windows-7-vers-Windows-10-00.jpg

Windows 8 (October 26, 2012)
With many new features including the introduction of a user interface based around Microsoft's Metro design language with optimizations for touch-based devices such as tablets and all-in-one PCs..It required a minimum resolution of 1024×768 pixels.

Windows_8_Start_Screen.png

Windows 10 (July 29, 2015)
Many changes were made especially the start menu, and the ability to run Windows Store apps within windows on the desktop rather than in full-screen mode.

8_Start1.png

Windows 11 (Fall 2021)
It is designed to be more user-friendly and understandable. It is set to release in Fall 2021

Which windows is most popular?

Windows 10 is the most popular Windows desktop operating system, accounting for over 78 percent of the market share as of June 2021

- Samira

Best PC startup sound track ever! no matter what they come up with today. Infact, the windows xp, is best windows im ever addicted to tbh. And it reminds me of lovely moments.

Honestly, has anyone really tried to compare todays windows startup sound, with that of the xp?

And it reminds me of lovely moments.

Honestly, has anyone really tried to compare todays windows startup sound, with that of the xp?
SAME HERE!!!! I used all the Windows versions starting with XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10. but still Windows XP has a special value for me.
And YEAAAH!!! that Startup sound remind me of the old days ❤️
Haven't seen a blue screen of death in over 10 years

View attachment 20964

WHY THERE'S A SMILEY FACE????????????????
Here's what I used to got
error.jpg

- Samira

SAME HERE!!!! I used all the Windows versions starting with XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10. but still Windows XP has a special value for me.
And YEAAAH!!! that Startup sound remind me of the old days ❤️

WHY THERE'S A SMILEY FACE????????????????
Here's what I used to got
View attachment 20967

- Samira
It was too special. The hardest OS version to emigrate from. But once I did that, it was too easy to move from windows vista to windows 7 , 8, etc.

At one time, Windows 1 was also considered a toy for boys. Everything has its time, and everything starts somewhere. I guess every Windows has its fans. At first, every update is scolded for being crude and inconvenient. Then come those who like this updated product. Recently, searching for an actual working version, I dug through a bunch of sites like to buy a windows 11 key. I will neither praise nor scold. I am still figuring out what is what. It said here that the tenth version got 78% of users. We will see what will happen in a year or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to jump in and add some info about Windows OS. It's actually pretty popular and used by a ton of computer users worldwide. And guess what? Windows 11 is the newest version, and it's got some really cool features.

Just wanted to jump in and add some info about Windows OS. It's actually pretty popular and used by a ton of computer users worldwide. And guess what? Windows 11 is the newest version, and it's got some really cool features.
By the way, if you're looking for a , I can totally help you out.

Link stuffing pirated software and key cracks --what could go wrong ...

If you don't want to pay for an operating system --use open source LINUX
tux-linux-penguin.png

I've been loving Windows 10 for a while now, but lately, I've been curious about Windows 11. It's all the rage, right? Has anyone tried it yet? I'm thinking of making the switch soon. I heard you can find some great deals on a (I AM A SERIAL LINK SPAMMER)
***Spam Link Removed by Admin***
to make the upgrade smoother.

I've been loving Windows 10 for a while now, but lately, I've been curious about Windows 11. It's all the rage, right? Has anyone tried it yet?
You are joking, aren't you? W11 has been out for years, released October 5, 2021. most of us have used it by now.

MI
Back