The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Theme issues

KingPin36

I was hoping someone here could help me with a little problem. I have not come across this before so I'm a little lost.

I am running on WP 2.5, when I uploaded a few new themes after I installed the blog, I had no issues going into "Design>>Themes" and changing them about.

Today I got a few new themes but when I uploaded them to my server and then went to the "Design>>Themes" section, the new themes are no where to be found.

I re-uploaded them again and refreshed the page and nothing. There still not there.

So I proceeded to delete the themes I didn't use from my server to see if that would make a difference but the odd thing is, the themes I deleted from my server are STILL showing in my blog and when I use them they work. I'm trying to work it out how there still working even after I have deleted the files from my server.

All I want to do is upload about 4 new themes to test drive and thats it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

KP

Haven't used wordpress much, so can't really say for sure. Not having access to actual system isn't helping much either. But from your post, it seems like you uploaded the themes twice, maybe you deleted only one instance of each theme, hence they are still working.

Same thing with me for WP plugins as i have uploaded 2 new plugins at my wp 2.5 but when i go to plugins area i can't find them :( I have done this 2-3 times but unsucessful :(

DON.

Not sure about 2.5 but 2.3 but when I delete a theme I delete the whole theme folder in wp-content/themes/ using ftp for new themes don't forget to unzip them to this location - this has caught me out.

Tony

banners
Back