The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

TheAmazingLinkCloaker Review

fastfish720

affiliate
Just thought I would share this review. I have always cloaked my links, but I didn't really know that there was more to it. This tool is a clickbank product, so use your CB ID if you decided to buy it so you get a comission.

1. Pretty much this tool allows you to cloak links. So say your affiliate code is:

AProductILike.com/kdmfdsifu7893riofds

2. You can then cloak your link code to look like

YourDomain.com/BestProduct.html

From there if someone clicks your link, you can frame in your website, which means it holds the domain name. So now that they've left your website and are now on AProductILike.com's website, your website address is still displayed in the address bar.

3. You can install a javascript cookie code into your website, so even if that person leaves and returns later to the website, you still get credit for their purchase as long as they haven't cleared their cookies.

4. My experience was that it was easy to use and install. Most importantly quantity of sales are up 200% already this month. So I know I was leaking a lot of sales.

I'm not trying to be a smart-a$$, I'm just a newbie, so forgive the question if it's a dumb one or phrased badly. Is this cloaking a common and acceptable practice for AM? Assuming the answer is "yes", would this tool also eliminate the stealing of sales that I keep reading about (they are called parasites, right?) ?

no problem

Yes, it's very common and I think most successful affiliates do it. Others can chime in and share their opinions.

Yes, it definately helps to eliminate affiliate sale stealing, but it's not perfect.

Some would say from an SEO viewpoint link cloaking is good. Some say Google does not like affiliate links so cloaking them is a good idea.

I think it would be good. I'd much rather have a "mydomain" link going to a product rather than a no follow "tinyurl" or a no follow "rawuncloakedaffiliatelink"

MI
Back