The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

The reason many newbies fail with online marketing...

kazoone

Banned
One of the leading reasons why people fail to earn any cash online is because they run around in circles chasing the newest shiny object rather than concentrating on just 1 or 2 methods and becoming really proficient at them.

There are various methods to make money over the internet, such as blogging, SEO, email marketing, article marketing etc and they all work. However they all require effort. Too many newcomers might go and write 2-3 articles, submit them to a couple of directories, make no sales and then go around complaining that online marketing does not work.

The trick is to single out 1 subject of IM which excites you the most and become exceptional at it because the more you love something, the more likely you are to study more and attain mastery over that topic.

It's what worked for myself. What do you guys think?

One of the leading reasons why people fail to earn any cash online is because they run around in circles chasing the newest shiny object rather than concentrating on just 1 or 2 methods and becoming really proficient at them.

There are various methods to make money over the internet, such as blogging, SEO, email marketing, article marketing etc and they all work. However they all require effort. Too many newcomers might go and write 2-3 articles, submit them to a couple of directories, make no sales and then go around complaining that online marketing does not work.

The trick is to single out 1 subject of IM which excites you the most and become exceptional at it because the more you love something, the more likely you are to study more and attain mastery over that topic.

It's what worked for myself. What do you guys think?

I fully agree. Sad isn't it :(

I saw a video over at MediaFileShare the other day that reminded me of yet another main reason people fail
Jim Rohn - Personal Development (Getting Started DVD) - YouTube

Do you agree?

We agree with what you say and wish to add a few more reasons of our own as to why most affiliates make very little or zero incomes affiliate marketing.

The most common reasons apart from those you mentioned are:

1. Not getting a mentor and learning how to do it?
  2. Wanting to make sales from the off?
  3. Failing to build a targeted list related to the affiliate product?
  4. Failing to build a relationship with their list before selling to them?
  5. Not having follow up autoresponder emails with free information before recommending an affiliate quicker solution? Also not buying or trying that product before selling it?
  6. Sending only buy this emails to their list?
  7. Thinking affiliate marketing is a get rich quick no work required shortcut?
  8. Failing to drive targeted traffic to their own website?
  9. Believing their affiliate product is something everybody will buy? It very rarely is!

These are what we find when answering posts in various forums and answering questions online. Anyone else like to add a few we may have forgot to list here?:D

Thanks for a great post which we thanked you for.;)

Regards,

Stephen & Jennifer.:cool:

I have also thanked you for a great post! You two are right on target with the reasons you've pointed out that lead to failure.

I had to grin a bit because in the early days I made all these mistakes, and it cost me big in terms of time and money.

Happily I stumbled across Jim Rohn and later onto the power of autoresponders and marketing tools.

I hope people reading this thread take note because it will save them from tons of frustration and lost income.

I agree, just work with one or two programs. When I first started networking, I was working with too many programs and then I read a similar post to this one that said just work with one or two programs and I accomplished a lot more in my networking.

Great post, I fully agree. That has got to be the number one reason. It is best to just find your niche and stick to it. Find what works for you personally, not just what works for others. Working hard a at a few things, rather than overloading yourself and jumping from one thing to the next, works better. This is great advice, thanks for the post.

banners
Back